HI Ladies!

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2010, 04:32 PM
Veteran
Hello Ladies. I'm new to this board. I'm usually on TCMA, but recently have started lurking over here since we learned of DH LOW sperm count.

Initially we thought I was the one with a challange, high FSH. But after doing a few IUIs we now know that DH has very low count. Our last IUI was on Monday, he had less than 1 million post wash, around 700,000.

What is everyone doing to help their DH? What doctor can he see?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

3 beautiful in heaven

6/08 miscarriage 7 weeks
10/08 ectopic- surgery saved tube
5/09 ectopic pregnancy

4/10 IUI w/ inj. #1 Menopur BFN
6/10 IUI w/ inj. #2 300 Follistrim BFN
7/10 IUI w/ inj. #3 300 Follistrim BFN
8/4/10 IUI w/ inj. #4 300 Follistrim BFN
8/30/10 IUI w/inj. #5 300 Follistrim and 300 Gonal-F BFN
10/2011- successful lap to remove mild endometriosis
11/5/11-IUI w/ inj. #6 300 Menopur BFN
11/11-Femara w/ IUI #7 STILL WAITING!!
September 1st, 2010, 08:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is a great place to get info and support about MFI. We've been TTC for 9 cycles now and my DH has very low count as well (3.2million/ml with 36% motility was his best SA). We have a 19-month old son so it did happen for us once upon a time. DH is having a surgery to repair a varicocele in his testicle in about a week. I also have him on tons of vitamins and supplements. There is a post about alot of the vitamins some of us ladies have our DHs on up in Infertility Tricks up above. I would recommend that your DH see a urologist. That is who DH saw and who diagnosed his varicocele. Hopefully a urologist can help you get to the root of the problem.

The good news, I can see from your siggy that you have been able to conceive several times in the past. So even if he has a low count, it is definitely possible. We didn't even know DH had a low count when we were TTC #1, and I got pregnant within 6 months. There is always hope. There are alot of success stories around here

My Ovulation Chart
September 1st, 2010, 09:52 PM
*Mommy2Remington*'s Avatar ~MommyTo2~
Hello welcome to the board!! You will surely find lots of new friends here and helpful advice.
Hubby and I tried to conceive for 14 cycles. I have endometriosis but half way through- we discovered hubby had a count of 7 million and a motility rate of 4%. We saw a reproductive endocrinologist for the sperm testing as well as follicle testing for me. He only had hubby on some multivitamins and zinc to start with...( hubbys issue was more or less poor diet) He also had hubby quit ALL alcohol consumption. We got pregnant 3 months later on our own.
Also- I also tell or "teach" everyone on here the 'trick' with sperm and supplements that MY doct told me-- sperm is re produced every 90 or so days. So what hubby does TODAY will effect his sperm in 90 days. (for example- my hubby started supplementing and quit alcohol in Jan.- we got pregnant in March-90 days later)

I hope you come back and get all your questions answered!!
September 1st, 2010, 10:25 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Hey..i know you lol!! welcome to the board..these girls are great!
September 9th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Veteran
Hi Jessie!!
Yes the ladies here are fantastic! I look forward to hearing about your successes and sharing our experiences! Thank you all for you support

3 beautiful in heaven

6/08 miscarriage 7 weeks
10/08 ectopic- surgery saved tube
5/09 ectopic pregnancy

4/10 IUI w/ inj. #1 Menopur BFN
6/10 IUI w/ inj. #2 300 Follistrim BFN
7/10 IUI w/ inj. #3 300 Follistrim BFN
8/4/10 IUI w/ inj. #4 300 Follistrim BFN
8/30/10 IUI w/inj. #5 300 Follistrim and 300 Gonal-F BFN
10/2011- successful lap to remove mild endometriosis
11/5/11-IUI w/ inj. #6 300 Menopur BFN
11/11-Femara w/ IUI #7 STILL WAITING!!