Proxeed???

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Veteran
Has anyone ever use this before?
Was someone successful in conceiving?
Do's and Don't likes?
Anyone you heard about that uses it?

They said that it helps sperm count and mobility.
September 8th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The main ingredients in Proxeed are L-carnitine and Acetyl L-carnitine (if you google Proxeed ingredients you can find them )I have DH on 2 grams of L-carnitine and 1 gram of Acetyl L-carnitine a day, which is actually more than what is in the Proxeed but cheaper. It's a lot cheaper to buy them separately from Vitacost.com or Amazon than to pay for Proxeed (It's a $100/month). I know one lady who pops in here occasionally had her DH on the L-carnitine and his counts and motility improved quite a bit and she did get pregnant after about 6 months or so on it. Hope this helps

My Ovulation Chart
September 8th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Veteran
If I just buy L-carnitine and Acetyl-L-Carnitine will I need to buy anything else?
Ok let me say it another way. The other things that are in proxeed (ingrediants) my DH don't need right? Or should he take a muti-vitamin with the L-carnitine and Acetyl-L or by their selves?

I just took a look at Vitacost.com and Amazon.com.
There are many different kinds of L-carnitine and Acetyl-L, so how will I know which one is for
low mobility?

Please help me out!!

Last edited by Lanysia; September 8th, 2010 at 04:15 PM.
September 8th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH is on NOW brand L-carnitine (tartrate) but I know L-carnitine (fumarate) is also fine. I don't think the "kind" or brand should matter, they are all supposed to help with motility. I would have your DH on a good multivitamin with zinc and selenium in addition to the L-carnitine and Acetyl L-carnitine. Alot of multivitamins say they have L-carnitine in them, but usually it is not enough. Vitamin C is important, too. A few of us have a list of our DH's complete vitamin regimine up above in "Infertility Tricks" It gets expensive, but our only other option for conceiving is IVF, so anything is cheaper than that, ya know?

Here is a link that might help: Men's Fertility Using Acetyl L-Carnitine and L-Carnitine compare to Proxeed

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by wishfulgal; September 8th, 2010 at 07:09 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search