Hiya!! New here.

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Super Mommy
I've been lurking around for a little while now and finally decided to come out of the closet, so-to-speak. My name is Katie. I'm 29 years old and have a wonderful husband and daughter. My husband, Nick and I (Married 2 years as of August 8th 2010) have been sort of NTNP/TTC for a couple of months now.

A little background. My husband has never really had a sex drive. Sorry if that is TMI. It was always a small point of frustration in our relationship. For a while I felt like he just wasn't attracted to me. We've been married 2 years but dated for 3 prior to that. Initially he showed interest but our sex life quickly died. He just never wanted to do it. Of course I loved the man for more than just sex so it kind of got pushed to the back while we went on with other parts of the relationship.

About a year ago, we found out that his low sex drive is is due to an extremely low Testosterone level. His Dr. put him on Testosterone cream and later, he tried the injectable pellets (April of this year). They helped. I was really enjoying the fact that my husband was starting to show interest in sex and me again.

My daughter was conceived on the first try, 6 years ago, with my ex-husband, so I assumed it would be easy this time too now that we got the Testosterone issue solved.

I didn't think to look at what a negative impact Testosterone replacement therapy could have on fertility. I later learned that it can effectively sterilize a man.

That's where we are now. His last pellets were injected in April and the obvious effects of them have worn off. He's back to 0 sex drive but will DTD when necessary to TTC. I've been looking through the forums, searching for the right combination of vitamins to take and things to do to help his little swimmers come back to life. He's got an appointment with his regular DR. at the end of the month and will be talking to him about other things to do instead of Testosterone Replacement. I've heard Clomid can work on guys so I've told him to discuss that with his DR as well as ask about a SA.

I'm feeling really crappy about all of this. For the longest time I didn't want anymore kids. I've been content with my daughter. Now it seems my biological clock is ringing like an alarm and I want a baby more than ever and feel it won't happen. My daughter really wants to be a big sister. It's all she talks about. I really want to make her a big sister too!

Please give me hope that we can overcome this issue with my hubby's Testosterone levels.
September 15th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Welcome first off! Im Jessie and Dh is Santos. We have severe mf with morphology.

Im so sorry about the testosterone thing. Wish i could be more help..i sure hope his dr can help him out.. I do believe though that the clomid might help..i dont think it would hurt to ask.

Good luck! Welcome again!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
September 15th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Super Mommy
Hi Jessie! Nice to meet you.

I'm really interested in seeing if he can try Clomid therapy.

I'm getting confused by all of the terms. especially Morphology and Motility. Not sure I know for sure which one is which. Is that the way they move? Or how fast they move?
September 16th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi and My DH and I have a 20-month old son who we conceived together without too much trouble. We have been TTC #2 for almost a year and were shocked a few months ago to find out that DH has very low sperm count and motility. He just had a surgery to repair a varicocele in his testicle and I have him on tons of vitamins.

I have heard that Clomid as well as HCG shots can help correct hormone issues in men. I would ask your DH's doctor about all of those options.

Motility= the percentage of sperm that are moving (there are also several different ways of measuring how "fast" they are moving and if they are going forward)
Morphology = The percentage of sperm that have a "normal" shape

My Ovulation Chart
September 16th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks for clearing that up. There are just so many terms to learn now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search