Have I forgotten anything?

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Super Mommy
These are the current pills that I have for both me and hubby to take.

Obviously I don't take the ones specifically for him like the FertilAid or the Horny Goat Weed (ok most of the pills on the right), and he doesn't take my EPO. Other than that, we pretty much share the same pill diet. (I forgot to add the gummy multi vitamins. We actually share with my daughter. With all the pills we take I felt a regular multi was overkill.)

I know that many of the supplements like L-Carnitine are in FeritlAid but I read that the concentration is low it's best to add on top. So what we have done for the last month is to have him take 2 of the 3 recommended FertleAid pills and one each of the individual supplements per day. He really hates the amount of pills he's taking.

Since I am gearing up for another cycle ( AF is on her way) I'm adding the Horny goat weed this month to help boost his sexdrive since the effects of the Testesterone replacement therapy have completely worn off. I'm hoping it will make him a little more willing.

Am I forgetting any supplements? Is there anything else he or I could be taking to boost our chances.

September 17th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Veteran
I have hubby on most of them as well as Maca and B12
September 17th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Super Mommy
What does Maca do? I might have to pick that up as well.

The super b-complex is one we share. It has all of the B vitamins plus folic acid and vitamin C in it. Because it overlaps with the individual supplements (and the FertilAid), I split one half of that pill with Hubby so we aren't over doing it but still getting our B vitamins.

Katie
Author, WAHM, wife to Nick and mommy to Alyse (8) and Hunter (1)!

-- Like vampires? Check out my books -- Read my Blog -- Find me on Facebook --
September 17th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Looks good DH is not fond of taking so many pills either, but he'll try anything at this point.

My Ovulation Chart
September 17th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
on the maca. It can help his overall sperm AND help you, depending on what your problem is.(well assuming you have a problem at all!)

Are you facing any problems specifically?

TTC #1 for five years
Battling PCOS and Male Factor Infertility
September 17th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Super Mommy
Definitely looking into Maca!

No problems for me as far as I know. Hubby has low testosterone and he was given Testesterone replacement therapy. We didn't know at the time that it can have a sterilizing effect on a man. We weren't TTC at the time. Now that we are and I've done a little research, he's off the treatment. The downside of his testosterone issue is that he has 0 sex drive so it's a two part problem.

I'm trying to do all I can to help get his stuff working again. (He goes back to the doc at the end of the month to talk about other options and hopefully schedule a SA).

Katie

September 18th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Veteran
Maca can also boost your sex drive
September 18th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Super Mommy
LoL bonus!!

Katie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search