Support?

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2010, 03:22 PM
*Mommy2Remington*'s Avatar ~MommyTo2~
Do you have other Friends that have also struggled with male infertility? Do you talk to them about it?

I do not know any one else who struggleS or strugglED with male infertility amongst my friends. It was frustrating kinda because I didn't have any friends that knew what I was going through. Other then my JM friends....I always wished I had one friend at least that was going through it with me. I did have friends who were struggling to get pregnant as well-- but it was due to PCOS or ENDO
September 19th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually have 2 male cousins and their wives on my mom's side who are struggling to conceive due to male infertility. We live pretty far away from them and I haven't seen them since we found out about DH's low counts. I imagine we might talk about it a little when we go home for Christmas.

Other than that, it seems like most people I know who have had trouble getting pregnant I either don't know what the issue is or it is the woman's issue. It seems like male infertility just isn't talked about.

My Ovulation Chart
September 20th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Super Mommy
I wish I knew someone else who was struggling. I feel so alone here. Everyone I know seems to be getting pregnant without trying. I can't tell you how many baby showers I've been to in the last couple of months.

Even my ex-husband is having another kid, and he never wanted anymore. I didn't realize it would be this hard. I got pregnant so easily with my DD.

At least I have this wonderful site to come to. Not quite so alone here.

Katie
Author, WAHM, wife to Nick and mommy to Alyse (8) and Hunter (1)!

-- Like vampires? Check out my books -- Read my Blog -- Find me on Facebook --
September 20th, 2010, 01:40 PM
I'm glad we have this site here. Its super nice to be able to come here and vent..and of course have support.

When I was trying to get pregnant-- I was invited to maaany baby showers. There were a few times that I didn't go...for the fact that it was so depressing.
When I hit the 10 month of ttc (october 09)....my sister ended up finding out she was pregnant after trying for one month. That was super hard! She already had 3 kids.... she actually gave birth to a baby the first month we started trying (jan 09)-So technically, she had been pregnant 2 times in the amount of time that we had been TTC. I was then asked to host my sisters baby shower...go figure!! So In march, I hosted the baby shower of my 6 month pregnant sister. I cried the entire day!! I kept saying "when will it be my turn!" I was so grumpy..so depressed...didn't feel like participating in anything. It was worse when everyone kept saying " When are you going to get pregnant?" -Miraculously- I got a BFP the next morning
So in the 14 months we were TTC- my sister gave birth to a boy....and got pregnant with another one! My best friend also got pregnant....It was verrrrry challenging.... Although I am VERY happy for ANYONE who gets pregnant...at the time- it was just very hard. My husband was the only one who seemed to understand my anger towards "pregnant people".
September 20th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Super Mommy
WOW! It just amazes me now to see how hard it can actually be to get pregnant. 14 months for you!! BIG HUGS to you guys and congrats on getting pregnant.

Yeah, no one really understands infertility until they go through it. I swear I am the only non-pregnant person I know (of people who want kids). The last baby shower I went to made me want to cry too.

It will happen, I know it will. It's just going to take a bit of time.

Katie
Author, WAHM, wife to Nick and mommy to Alyse (8) and Hunter (1)!

-- Like vampires? Check out my books -- Read my Blog -- Find me on Facebook --
September 20th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticKatie View Post
WOW! It just amazes me now to see how hard it can actually be to get pregnant. 14 months for you!! BIG HUGS to you guys and congrats on getting pregnant.
It CAN be a challenge...the biggest challenge of TTC for so long is to NOT give up! Its SOO easy to give up so I always tell everyone-- KEEP TRYING.....cause the pot of gold at the end of the journey is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
I wanted to give up so many times. I was so tired of taking pills and doing tests and going to the doctors and yadda yadda. This is our first baby so I never knew about infertility 'tll AFTER we started trying. I have endometriosis too so I was told that getting pregnant WITH male infertility was next to impossible. I didn't listen---- We tried and tried and tried. We had multiple failed IUIs but in the end..got pregnant on our OWN!!!!!
SO DO NOT GIVE UP!!! Sometimes all these meds and stuff will fail....and 'that' baby will pop up when you least expect it...
Just keep on trudging along...MIRACLES HAPPEN EVERYDAY!!!!
September 20th, 2010, 06:25 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well my sister is married to a man who produces no sperm because of some condition he has. So now she will have to use donor sperm to have a child. Well I am faced with challenges because my DH will have a vasectomy reversal soon and I have to worry about it not working or his sperm count being low. I am just thankful I dont have my sister's problem. Atleast we still have the option of IVF with ICSI if the reversal fails. So that helps me feel somewhat better. But I actually dont like to talk to my sister about this because she has always been kind of snobby and competative, we never have been best of friends. Well when I was telling her how upsetting it would be if the reversal would fail she said to me.... Well you have kids already and its my turn now. Than she started going on how fast she would get pregnant with donor sperm and stuff. She is starting the process in a couple months. Well I would rather go through al the struggles and expense to have my DH's baby than to have to go what she is going through. So I just avoid her calls now because she is rude.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

Last edited by ~ Nicole ~; September 20th, 2010 at 06:29 PM.
September 20th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Nicole~
I TOTALLY understand the whole "sister" thing. We're not at all "best friends"...she LOVES being pregnant and is super jelous of everyone else who is pregnant (when shes not pregnant). Last week- her hubby got his tubes tied cause they decided they were done having babies. That same day- My sister, mom and I went to a "baby sale" to look at baby stuff for me. My sister was SO rude saying "I don't even know why your having a baby shower...you have everything already"....Umm-- I only have a crib and changing table- THATS IT!!!! She seems to be 'ignoring' me now that Im pregnant.....even though she has 4 kids already! She NEVER asks how I'm feeling or to feel the baby kick. She just tells me all the "negative" stuff about being pregnant instead. My baby shower is schedule for 3-4 weeks from now...shes hosting it so I asked her what she was planning- she said "OH- i havent even thought about it yet"....Like I said-- shes so against me having a shower for some reason...and this is my first baby!! UGH!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search