Question

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2010, 05:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
So to you much more educated ladies. I saw in a post that normal is 20 mil per ml right? But 40 mil is the assumed cause its typicaly to have 2ml of semen? So if DH has 3ml on his SA does that mean that his numbers are truly better? Or does the sheer number of semen not matter?
September 21st, 2010, 06:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It depends on what your DH's count/ml is. So if it's 10 million/ml and you have 3 ml, for example, you have a total of 30 million spermies. So the volume does matter. If you have a huge volume it can even make up for a low count.

My Ovulation Chart
September 26th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishfulgal View Post
It depends on what your DH's count/ml is. So if it's 10 million/ml and you have 3 ml, for example, you have a total of 30 million spermies. So the volume does matter. If you have a huge volume it can even make up for a low count.
I agree that you need to look at both numbers. With my DH 1st SA he had less volume more sperm, 2nd SA he had more volume but less sperm. So, even though his volume went up, his count went down

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 27th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
So he had 11 mil/ml but he had 3/ml so he'd have a total of 33 mil which is MUCH closer to normal than 22!
September 27th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandapeek View Post
So he had 11 mil/ml but he had 3/ml so he'd have a total of 33 mil which is MUCH closer to normal than 22!

True! Those numbers aren't too bad at all!

My Ovulation Chart
September 27th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know exactly how they count everything, for DH, his first test was Volume 1.3 ml, Concentration 40.2 and Count 52.2. His 2nd test was Volume 2.2 ml, Concentration 10.3 and Count 22.7, so the count didn't reflect the concentration... they didn't give you all the numbers?

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 28th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I might have all the numbers Ill hafta try to find that paper again

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search