Is this right?

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Super Mommy
My DH took me with him to see his Dr. today and we discussed the fact that we are trying to conceive. First off, DH loves his Dr. but the guy just rubbed me the wrong way. I hate Doctor's who try and talk down to you like you have no sense. He also kept wanting to push fertility issues back on me. He asked me a million and one questions about my history. When I told him I was charting my cycles he got very snooty and asked me "well what signs are you looking for." He shut up after I told him I knew this was fertile week I'm waiting for my temp spike and I have a lot of EWCM... I doub't he really expected me to know specifically what my CM looked like.

But beyond that... He didn't seem to think that the level of testosterone therapy DH was on should cause any fertility issues but agreed to do an SA and see what DH's boys are doing.

Here is the part I found odd. Instead of sending us to a Lab to do it, he gave us a lab form and a sterile cup and said DH needs to fill it and drop it off.

Is it just me or does that seem odd? We live at least 20 minutes from the lab that is supposed to take the sample. Even if DH filled the cup and left immediately it would be 20-30 minutes before he got there. Won't that effect the results or is it ok to transport the sperm after?

Katie
Author, WAHM, wife to Nick and mommy to Alyse (8) and Hunter (1)!

-- Like vampires? Check out my books -- Read my Blog -- Find me on Facebook --

Last edited by QuixoticKatie; September 30th, 2010 at 02:18 PM.
September 30th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Veteran
That's what dh had to do but he got
To
Do his " business " at the place the doctor sent us
September 30th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH did his first SA at home and they told us we had to have it to the hospital lab within an hour, but they preferred it to be closer to 30 minutes. We live 25-30 minutes away so we really had to rush it there. He did his second SA right at the hospital. Doing it at the hospital worked better and the results were a bit better (better count, more volume). I honestly think it was just too stressful at home to have to rush to get the sample and run out the door with it, kwim? Plus one of my friend's doctors at a different clinic said they always have the SAs collected "in house" b/c they kept getting poor results from outside collections.

My Ovulation Chart
September 30th, 2010, 07:22 PM
*Mommy2Remington*'s Avatar ~MommyTo2~
We've done it both ways. For his first SA, we did it in the office. (that was a little more 'weird and stressful' for hubby so I'm sure his output was affected in some way.
We later did 2 IUIs....but did the 'collection' at home. We were told it needed to be in the office 30 mins later....so....I think its okay if you do it at home. --just hope that there isn't any traffic on the way!!
September 30th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
we have only done the office ones..but i have heard of people bringing it in..so its not really odd..i have just heard you have to have it within 45 min! good luck..and if this doc isnt what you want..you might look around..i dont think you deserve to be treated like that! Big hugs! Hope you get that bfp soon!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
October 1st, 2010, 08:08 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the response ladies!! I just want to make sure we do everything right, know what I mean?

Hubby cant do the test this week anyway because it is DTD week for us. I hope that we have some luck and won't need the SA anyway... Wish us luck.

Katie
Author, WAHM, wife to Nick and mommy to Alyse (8) and Hunter (1)!

-- Like vampires? Check out my books -- Read my Blog -- Find me on Facebook --
October 1st, 2010, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH did the collection at home & I brought it immediately to the lab, they told us within an hour from collection time it needed to be to them.... good luck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search