Mini IVF?

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
I was searching things online about infertility when I came across this....

Mini IVF New York, Mini IVF Cycle New York City, Mini IVF Clinics NY

$5,000 sure beats $12,000 of the average IVF cost...I think this is quite interesting. I am hoping we won't need it but its nice to know that its out there as a last resort since we would never be able to afford regular IVF.

October 14th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've looked into it a little as well. I don't think there is any clinics that offer it anywhere near where we live (the closest place that even does IVF is over an hour away), but I think it sounds like an interesting option. I did read that success rates are lower with it, but it might be worth a try. Since you ovulate on your own, you would probably be a great candidate for it.

BTW, Did you ever have your IUI consult? How did it go?

My Ovulation Chart
October 15th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Yeah there are no locations near me either, I think the closest was Virginia which we would have to fly to which is only $140 round trip but the time I'd have to probably stay up there would be the problem having my almost 3 year old, he couldn't go to appointments and I wouldn't have a sitter and nobody here could keep him for the 8-10 days I would most likely need to be there and dh could never get off that much work, so lets just hope I won't even need it.

I did tons of research on it and its actually showing that it could be more successful then regular IVF, you just don't harvest as many eggs with it but if you did they said it is showing that it could be even more successful.

My IUI consult is on Monday at 3:20pm...I will definitely give IUI at least 2-3 times before I'd consider the mini IVF...I am just afraid they may not even consider my dh as a good candidate for IUI because his last SA was very low in counts, though that was 4 years ago...very nervous to have him restested.

October 15th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, besides cost, that's another reason IVF would be really hard for us to do....it would be hard for me to find a baby-sitter for all of those doctor visits, even if we did it locally.

I hope your IUI consult goes well and that your DH's next SA is better than you expect My DH gets retested in December (3 months post varicocele repair) and we are both pretty nervous about what the results will be. It would be great if he could at least have enough swimmers to try IUI. I really don't think we will ever do IVF. Maybe we are just being stubborn b/c we got our little boy for "free", but I just can't see us ever spending that kind of money for just a chance at pregnancy.

My Ovulation Chart
October 15th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
I saw that, but since I have PCOS I doubt Id be a good candidate, but I havent ever seen how I react to clomid either so :shrug:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search