IUI consult today

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Well we went for our IUI consult today. The doctor wants me to come in next cycle for an HSG to make sure my tubes are clear, I had one of these about 4 years ago, not comfortable to say the least, and the same day we'll be doing another SA of dh, if my HSG comes back fine and dh's SA is at least enough for the IUI (3-5 million), then we're going to move forward with putting me on clomid and doing IUI in December. I feel a little better knowing we're doing something more about it but I am nervous about failure of the IUI or dh's counts being too low. I am still praying for a miracle that I end up pregnant this month so we can skip the HSG and SA...but whats meant to be will happen. I have no known fertility issues but the doctor still seemed to want me to be on clomid with the IUI to increase my chances...does this sound normal? They also drew blood from me today to make sure my hormones are ok because I have been so darn moody the 2 weeks after ovulation leading up to my period.

Anyone thats taken Clomid before, what kind of side affects can they cause? How long do you usually take it? And I have heard it thins your endometrial lining out not making it an optimal environment for an embryo to attach to...so that concerns me.

October 18th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm doing 4 cycles of IUI and Clomid myself right now... I don't get any S/E from it, I take it at night right before bed. Some girls get hot flashes, headaches and moodiness with it which is why they say if you take it before bed it may eliminate some of these. I have heard about it thinning your lining, I'm not sure how the docs combat that though, we are not doing any monitored cycles yet, for now just b/w at 7DPO to make sure I O'd.

It would make sense they'd give you Clomid even if no known issues, I think it will just give you a stronger O and will sometimes increase the amount of follies.

Like you, I was really hoping not to have to get to this point, so good luck! I hope you don't end up needing it!

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 18th, 2010, 08:55 PM
*Mommy2Remington*'s Avatar ~MommyTo2~
I did about 6 cycles of clomid, back to back. The only symptom I got from it was moodiness....which disappeared soon after I took the last pill. You take about 5 pills, one a day, starting on day 3 of your cycle and end on day 7. You usually start out at 50mg of clomid...then your doc my higher the dose to 100mg or 150mg (depending on how many cycles you take it and how much 'help' you need). I started with 50mg but graduated while taking 100mg. ( I got pregnant while on Clomid) I have endometriosis so my lining is already compromised- so my doc put me on Estrogen pills each cycle as well, to help keep the lining thick.
But yes...It does make sense to put you on clomid even though you have no fertility issues. It won't hurt your chances...it will increase them so 'why not?'

Good luck with everything!! Let us know when and how your HSG goes....I hope you get great results and your Hubby gets a good SA report.....AND that that IUI works!!!! Keep us posted!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search