I guess Im gonna hafta...

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
be a ***** to dh about this...
Ive tried SO hard to get him to cut down on the beer and not make him cut it out completely...
But yet he WONT cut down. Yeah he'll not buy it for a few weeks but thats not really THAT unusual. I just hate that he cant seem to have 0-1 a night if they're in the house. For example he had three tonight. It's JUST frustrating.
October 18th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry Amanda, it took a lot for my DH to realize the significance of stopping certain things too, smoking was the biggest. Infact, it took quite awhile before he would finally admit that he was just as much a problem in all this as I am! I think he was truly in denial about "his boys".

Um, your chart looks great by the way! I love your nice even temps the last few days and your temp spike! If you get one more high temp, I'm thinking you'll get CH's and I think this time you may have actually O'd!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 18th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
I feel ya girl..dh had to go on a dry streak for work..now that he can drink again thats all he wants to do..grrr!! Dont they get it?

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
October 18th, 2010, 08:46 PM
*Mommy2Remington*'s Avatar ~MommyTo2~
I TOTALLY know how you feel.
When we first started trying, DH smoked AND drank. I finally got the 'smoking' thing through his head and he actually quit cold turkey...never looking back (its been a year and a half now). As for the drinking- when we met with our RE when we reached our one year anni of TTC- he finally realized he needed to stop drinking too. 3 months later, we got pregnant on our own. The DAY I got my pregnancy test--- he drank!!!!! ...and its been at least 1-2 a day on weekdays and about 10 on each weekend day!! UGH!!!!! We're actually fighting right now too 'cause I'm getting so tired of him coming home, popping open a beer..or two..or three... and leaving me to fend for myself...let alone I'm 8 months pregnant--- he needs to be 'on earth' just in case ya know??

I wish you ALLLLLL the luck in the world......I struggle with this very same thing. Its sad that it comes down to 'babies' for our hubbys to '"change their crappy life habits"

Why can't they figure out something else to drink? How about some gatorade or some juice?? I swear my hubby thinks he's in high school still......
October 19th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw I hope you can convince your DH to cut back or quit. I've read that alcohol is one of the worst things for sperm. My DH has maybe 1-2 alcoholic drinks a YEAR so it's not a problem for us ( is it twisted that I almost wish he did drink so that then he could quit and maybe that would improve his sperm count? He doesn't have too many bad habits, so besides taking vitamins there aren't too many "lifestyle changes" he can make).

My Ovulation Chart
October 19th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
I think Im going to start finding articles on drinking affecting sperm counts and leave them in the house for him to find Think maybe that'll get it through his head?

I really would HATE to have to force a "this is how much you can drink" schedule. I know thats how he unwinds and such but why cant he make a 6 pack last AT LEAST a week?! The more thats in the house the MORE he drinks! ugh!
October 19th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Count me in as also having a beer loving DH. I've gotton on his case on many occasions, I got tired of it sparking an argument. Now I just keep it to myself & have steam come out the ears There is NO way I'm talking him out of it, I now refuse to buy it for him, but that doesnt stop him. Id say on average he'll have 2 a night and then w/e's more b/c of football & hanging out around the house. He is a HUGE water drinker, I dont know how that boy doesnt live in the bathroom, all I hope for is that it flushes things right on thru !!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search