My Intro

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2010, 05:54 AM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
Hello Ladies! I'm Elizabeth (23) Wife to Hoy (39) and Mommy to Angelica Noel (19mo) My dh had a vasectomy 8 years ago then right before we got pregnant with our DD he had it reversed his Urologist said it probably wouldn't work because he takes a medication everyday that will eventually make him sterile. Well we decided to use donor sperm to get pregnant with our DD but all of my dates added up wrong. I was pregnant the week before I had my IUI. Well after she was born we did the send off DNA test adn she was DH's. We were thrilled. Well I have had 2 losses since she was born. The most recent in April. So we thought that we would be able to use his sperm to get pregnant this time again. So we wanted a count and his urologist did one for us. Well it seems that the medication is finally doing what we hoped it would never do. The Dr didn't tell us the exact count but he said that DH is medically sterile. That it was a miracle that I got pregnatn in april at all. He said it was probably just chance. So we are back to using Donor sperm because we can't afford to go with IVF. So I thought that I would pop over and introduce myself.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

October 28th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi and My DH and I have a 21-month old son (took about 6months to conceive) and now have been TTC #2 for about a year. Several months ago, my DH had a SA and it was very low (3.2 million/ml with 36% motility). He has been taking tons of vitamins and had surgery on a varicocele in his testicle 7 weeks ago.
I would be curious to know what your DH's counts are and what your doctor considers medically sterile. If you've been pregnant three times, I would think his sperm are going somewhere....it truly does just take one and there are several of us ladies on here who are a testament to that. But I'm sure it is possible that the medication is just now making things worse.
Good luck to you! I hope you stick around here

My Ovulation Chart
October 28th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Thank you for the welcome. His medication was upped in May so we are thinking thats got something to do with the fact that it's just now starting to mess with him. I am planning to call and talk to his urologist about what the count was I'm hoping that maybe it's good enough for a IUI sample.

October 28th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Before pursing donor sperm I'd try to find out all the aspects of your dh's counts and such, some of our fertility centers out here have seen successful IUI's with just a few hundred thousand sperm counts. Especially if you've been pregnant 3 times you know its possible. What medication is he taking thats messing his fertility up if you don't mind me asking? I hope you get some answers and are able to get pregnant and carry to term soon, how awesome that your dd turned out to be dh's, what a great surprise, and welcome!

October 28th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Welcome! Im Jessie and DH is santos..we have morph issues..how nice to have a special surprise..you just never know..like a pp said..dont give up hope just yet! good luck! HUGS!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
October 28th, 2010, 06:03 PM
*Mommy2Remington*'s Avatar ~MommyTo2~
Hello and welcome to the board!!
My name is Keri and DH is Mike. We were dealing with low counts, low mophologiy and I have endometriosis. After 15 months of TTC with Clomid and 2 FAILED IUIs, we finally conceived on our own. I am due in just about 7 weeks with our little miracle.
My advice to you---don't give up! You've gotten pregnant a few times with DH so why wouldn't it happen agian huh? Although he is medically sterile- you never know if that one little viable sperm shows up! Keep trying! But good luck on your donor sperm too!! No matter how you get pregnant- I hope you get your BFP SOOOOOOON!!!
Keep us posted!
October 29th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Thank you all!

Jo- He takes something called Androgel. It's a testosterone replacement because he has a tumor on his pituitary gland that caused a major hormone imbalance.

October 29th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesaDreamer View Post
Thank you all!

Jo- He takes something called Androgel. It's a testosterone replacement because he has a tumor on his pituitary gland that caused a major hormone imbalance.

I've heard of that mediaction and that it can cause sterility. I'm pretty sure another lady on here's DH was on it previously as well. I do think the numbers can come back up if they go off it.....is there anything else he could take to help with his testosterone? I would ask his doctor about Clomid and HCG for men. I'm not sure if it would be helpful in your DH's situation, but I know when men have hormonal imbalances causing infertility, they are sometimes but one of those meds.

My Ovulation Chart
October 31st, 2010, 12:21 AM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome. We will be getting a vasectomy reversal soon and that is so wonderful that you were lucky enough to have the reversal be a success in the begining. That is such a shame that the reversal worked but yet this medication is making your DH sterile. I hope you will be able to find a way for DH to father another child. You have already beat so many odds. I wish you the best of luck.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

November 2nd, 2010, 02:48 PM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
Wow, what a wonderful story —*that you got pregnant with DH's sperm! Welcome! It's quiet in this forum, too quiet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search