Got our testing results back

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Well I had my HSG today and dh's SA results are back from his testing from last week and I am floored by the results...in a good way! Well first of all my HSG looked great, hurt like crap but my tubes are clear. Dh hasn't been tested in over 4 years for an SA and here's his new results

Volume: 2.5 ml (normal anything above 2 ml)

Viscosity: It was considered Slight, should be Normal, have no clue what this means

Total count per ml: 22 million (normal 20 million)

Total count: 55 million (normal 40 million)

Total Motility: 58% (normal 50%)

Grade of motility/progression: 2 (normal 2.5-4) so he was a little low here, does anyone know what this means exactly?

Morphology: 3% (normal on the paper was 4% but I could have sworn I've seen some places say 3%, he used to be normal on morph)

This is a HUGE improvement despite the morph that used to be 6% in the past from his last SA before we conceived our ds, his count was only 5.6 million with 50% motility over 4 years ago, so I am floored to see how much his counts have improved, everything is normal besides borderline motility grade and borderline morph.

So why haven't we gotten pregnant? I have no idea now, can only think it must be Gods timing...we should be great candidates for the IUI now though which I was worried about because you need to have at least 3-5 million for that. If any of you can help on some of the things above that I have no clue what they mean, that would be great ...I am very relieved with these results, I was expecting the worst.

November 17th, 2010, 05:23 PM
adamsgirl
I'm not any help on the results, but I wanted to congratulate you on the improvements!! It seems like with the count increasing so much the motility being borderline shouldn't be a huge issue, I hope I'm reading about your upcoming IUI soon!! or maybe even a post-HSG BFP!!! GL!!
November 17th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliving4Jesus View Post
Well I had my HSG today and dh's SA results are back from his testing from last week and I am floored by the results...in a good way! Well first of all my HSG looked great, hurt like crap but my tubes are clear. Dh hasn't been tested in over 4 years for an SA and here's his new results

Volume: 2.5 ml (normal anything above 2 ml)

Viscosity: It was considered Slight, should be Normal, have no clue what this means

Total count per ml: 22 million (normal 20 million)

Total count: 55 million (normal 40 million)

Total Motility: 58% (normal 50%)

Grade of motility/progression: 2 (normal 2.5-4) so he was a little low here, does anyone know what this means exactly?

Morphology: 3% (normal on the paper was 4% but I could have sworn I've seen some places say 3%, he used to be normal on morph)

This is a HUGE improvement despite the morph that used to be 6% in the past from his last SA before we conceived our ds, his count was only 5.6 million with 50% motility over 4 years ago, so I am floored to see how much his counts have improved, everything is normal besides borderline motility grade and borderline morph.

So why haven't we gotten pregnant? I have no idea now, can only think it must be Gods timing...we should be great candidates for the IUI now though which I was worried about because you need to have at least 3-5 million for that. If any of you can help on some of the things above that I have no clue what they mean, that would be great ...I am very relieved with these results, I was expecting the worst.

Wow! That is a great improvement.....has he been on supplements or doing anything differently in the past 3 or so months? I would think that IUI would be a great option for you now, or maybe with just a little more time you could get pregnant naturally. I'm sure you are much more hopeful now, that is great new!

The viscosity means that your DH's semen is a little thicker than what is considered normal. That can make it a little tougher for the sperm to swim. I would have him drink plenty of water or even take plain mucinex or robitussin with guafesin (sp?) as that can help thin things out. Also N-acetyl cysteine can help reduce the viscosity (and it helps right away with that, it's not something that takes 3 months).

The grade of motility is the overall forward progression. My DH had one sample with a 2.5 and one with a 2. From what I read, a 2 means they are more just wiggling rather than moving forward purposefully. But I'm sure that doesn't mean that none of them are moving forward, just that overall they aren't going forward as well as they like to see.

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by wishfulgal; November 17th, 2010 at 05:44 PM.
November 17th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Thank you for clearing that up for me, I was a little confused on the viscosity thing, dh has agreed to drink more water and take robitussin for the next week near my ovulation...where can you find N-acetyl cysteine?

The progression thing has me a little concerned reading out it online tonight, meaning most of them are not moving forward...but I see that changes from each ejaculate if you say your dh's was 2 one time and 2.5 another time.

We have had dh on numerous amounts of supplements in the last few months, this is a list of what he takes:

Zinc
Acetyl L-carnitine
L-Argintine
Men one a day multi-vitamin
Fertile aid for men

I am not sure which one if any is responsible for the increase since we had no testing in the last 4 years so I don't know when this increase occured...I know I did a lot of research on all of them and they are all supposed to increase count and motility...he also just started super goat weed with maca which is supposed to increase volume and stimilate them and get them more "in the mood" to help produce higher quality sperm, though he started that 2 days after this last SA.

November 18th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Super Mommy
How wonderful!, next comes baby!.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search