Chemical Pregnancy.....

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was sooo shocked to get a BFP the day I expected to get AF a few days ago....but the test line never got any darker and my HCG levels were 54 at 13DPO and 50 at 15DPO so I guess I'm going to miscarry soon . The good news is that DH and I conceived naturally just 3 months after his varicocele surgery, even though my doctor still gave us only a 8-10% chance of conceiving with IUI and less than that on our own....so hopefully it will happen again soon... I know God doesn't make mistakes but this is very tough to deal with after over a year of TTC .

We were planning to do IUI the next cycle but since I got pregnant naturally I think we will try on our own for awhile before jumping into IUI.

My Ovulation Chart
January 17th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Regular
I'm so sorry that is happening to you I know the whole "at least you know now that you can get pregnant" is the most obnoxious thing to hear-I wanted to smack anyone who said it to me when I thought I was miscarrying-but I'm glad this is kind of a sign for you to hold off on the IUI for awhile and hopefully are able to keep that money tucked away for something else. Did you get a blood test for your HCG levels-is there any way that it could be wrong? I'm crossing my fingers and saying prayers for you that baby ends up sticking!
January 17th, 2011, 05:55 PM
adamsgirl
I'm so sorry about your loss

It sounds like you have a good plan and I hope you get a sticky BFP next month.
January 18th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Oh I'm so sorry ...I can't imagine trying so long to go onto losing the baby...devestating, but I do believe it could be a sign to hold off on the IUI, I am waiting or a sign from God too about possibly doing IUI next month, I am so hesitant to go for it but at the same time if God doesn't stop me, I will move forward. Thats so great to see that your able to get pregnant naturally after only 3 months since the surgery, showing that things are definitely continually improving...I will keep you in my prayers about your little bean, so sorry

January 29th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Regular
I am so sorry to hear of your loss - I know the joy then sorrow of conceiving and losing is heartbreaking and hope you are doing better with each passing day. This journey of infertility is not an easy road but pray this has given you hope that God does have a plan to bring another baby to you. Sending you all the very best hopes & wishes that your time of joy is just around the corner!
January 29th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wishful Gal, I'm lurking over here,

So sorry about losing your baby so early. I know you must be devastated after trying so long and DH getting the surgery. Keep you chin up! This looks really promising that you were able to get pregnant so soon after his surgery, I believe they told us that it would take 90 days for any change to be detected in his sperm count. It seems that the surgery must have really worked!!! When is his follow up sperm count? I know this doesn't help with the devastation of losing this pregnancy, I'm so sorry. It really breaks my heart. I really wish my DH would have decided to get the surgery done....I am so afraid that in 1 year I will be much like you, dying for a second and not be able to get pregnant again. I'll be keeping you in my prayers and hoping that DH sperm count is amazing now!!
January 31st, 2011, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirl View Post
Wishful Gal, I'm lurking over here,

So sorry about losing your baby so early. I know you must be devastated after trying so long and DH getting the surgery. Keep you chin up! This looks really promising that you were able to get pregnant so soon after his surgery, I believe they told us that it would take 90 days for any change to be detected in his sperm count. It seems that the surgery must have really worked!!! When is his follow up sperm count? I know this doesn't help with the devastation of losing this pregnancy, I'm so sorry. It really breaks my heart. I really wish my DH would have decided to get the surgery done....I am so afraid that in 1 year I will be much like you, dying for a second and not be able to get pregnant again. I'll be keeping you in my prayers and hoping that DH sperm count is amazing now!!
I've lurked over in your journal as well Harlow is beautiful, what a little miracle!

My DH's count went from 1.3 million/ml with 36% motility on his first SA, 3.2 million/ml with 36% motility on his second SA and then his 3 month post-op SA had 12.5 million/ml, 50% motility with grade 3 motility ( which was improved from grade 2 on his previous SAs) . His volume also improved alot so his total count was 48 million and he had 24 million motile sperm, which is above normal. I really think the surgery in combination with his vitamin regimine really improved things. We were told before his surgery that IVF was our only option, and afterwards we were told we were good candidates for IUI, and DH's urologist even said we might have a decent chance of getting pregnant on our own (which obviously we did). DH's urologist seems to think it may keep improving b/c sometimes the big improvements aren't seen until 6-9 months afterwards. Is there any way your DH would consider getting the surgery done yet? Even if the surgery hadn't helped, I felt that we would always regret it if he didn't get it done b/c we'd always wonder if it might have done the trick.

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by wishfulgal; January 31st, 2011 at 08:39 AM.
February 9th, 2011, 02:37 PM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
Wishfulgal, I have been MIA for awhile, but I am truly sorry for your loss and the disappointment. HUGS!!!!!!!!! Praying for another BFP soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search