question for a friend

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2011, 12:01 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of my really good friends confided in me this weekend about her TTC struggle. She and her DH have been married for 6 yrs and never prevented anything...and been actively trying about 18m now.

At the 12m mark, they went to her OB and she got Clomid...did 2 cycles of that (with follie scans to ensure it was working) and no success...so they sent her DH in for testing, and his SA came back abnormal (which I assume she means low) and they put HIM on Clomid for 2 months and then repeated the SA and she said it came back worse...

I was just wondering if you wonderful ladies had any resources, tips, natural ways to increase count, etc for her? My Dh and I went through infertility issues but MFI wasn't on the long list of problems we have so this is foreign territory to me....I would really appreciate any advice or direction that I could give her.

thanks in advance ladies
January 31st, 2011, 04:13 PM
adamsgirl
My DH was on Clomid and unfortunately it didn't help him, however he was trying to go from 0 to something so he's a different story. That being said, I'm suprised they would repeat the SA after only 2 months on Clomid, it would take at least 3 months to see any difference from the Clomid. Anything he does will take 3 months minimum, depending on the severity of his MFI-- my DH had to wait 6 months after the start of treatment for a repeat b/c his case was so severe, to see results. Do you know if they did bloodwork? I know DH was allowed to try Clomid b/c of the blood work results-- I don't remember specifically, but it was the level of certain hormones that had to be a certain way for drug therapy to possibly work, there are cases where Clomid is not the answer, it may be a varicocele, retrograde ejaculation or something else entirely. If the urologist they saw doesn't specialize in MFI I would suggest trying to find one who does, they are far and few between so travel may be necessary, but if it is a big concern then it would probably be best to be seen by someone who specializes in this area. There are a lot of vitamin ideas in the forum above that have been successful for some, again it will take 3 months to possibly see any results, so let your friend know that so she doesn't expect immediate results. MFI is a lot of waiting and testing and waiting and hoping and it can be really hard, it's great she has a friend like you to be there for her! I hope this helps!
January 31st, 2011, 04:23 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for all the information!! I really, really appreciate it. I know she will also. I will definitely pass it along to her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search