prostate infection

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2011, 07:09 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
Well I have 2 kids not by my dh he has none but got 2 women preg n they had mc well d first month of us deciding 2 ttc we got preg (like my last 2) than at 10 weeks I had a mc. After d mc right after we started ttc n have not become preg since n this was 2 years ago. Well when we moved n2 with each other I noticed he was usin d bathroom alot especially at nite I told him it wasn't normal 4 a 25 year old. He shrugged it off. Finally he mentioned it 2 a doc but they wasn't concerned either said he was just 1 of them men who go alot. That didnt sit right wit me. I made him a appt wit a urologist n told him to not only get a sa but tell them bout yards frequent trips 2 d bthrm so d dr wanted 2 check his prostate n he said it was smushy feeling n its prob infected he has 2 b on antibiotics 4 6 weeks my question is do u think him having this so long messed up his sperm 4 ever?

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

February 18th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
I don't know much about prostate infections but I doubt it messed up his sperm forever, as long as he is free of infection for 3 months his sperm should be back to normal though I don't really think the prostate has anything to do with sperm health, the prostate gland is located in the rectum and not anywhere near where sperm is formed. This probably did not relate to the miscarriages either as only healthy sperms are able to penetrate the shell of a woman's egg, miscarriages are due to the egg not forming properly, not implanting properly, chromosomal issues, etc...not due to the health of the sperm. Either way that sounds quite painful and I hope your dh feels better soon and that you are able to conceive soon.

February 19th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Thanx for responding but d urologist said this infection affects his sperm n a big way which is y they put off on doing d sa he says this infection malforms d sperm n slows it down even paralysis it. Then when I went to d re he told me d samething. I read a few woman who went on to say that they husband had it so long the sperm had 0 motility. I'm just scared that will b d case.

February 21st, 2011, 03:19 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Only thing I've been able to find is that a prostate infection can temporarily affect sperm motility, beyond that I didn't see anything with a quick google search, I think your dh will be fine in a couple of months, good luck!

February 25th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I hope so thanks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search