Sperm meets egg plan???

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2011, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I have been ttcing for some time now. I have never tried this plan. Have any of you?

March 2nd, 2011, 06:59 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
I just replied to your other post on TTCMA...we tried this plan last cycle but it didn't work, we'll be trying it again this cycle, if no luck again we'll move on. If your dh has low counts you need to give him a little more time to replenish, so instead of dtd every day after your first positive opk, try to go more like every 30-35 hours

April 15th, 2011, 01:18 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive got a major plan. After 20 something fertility books and a year of studying and tweaking the plan Ive finally got it down. This plan is to help with low sperm count/quality after a vasectomy reversal.

Step one: As soon as I start to get ewcm we will BD to clear things out so things can be fresh
Step two: No more BD'ing until a positive ovulation test. This will give about 3 days for the sperm count to increase and it will still be fresh
Step three: As soon as I get a positive ovulation test we will BD that night and the following day
Step Four: Ejaculate in missionary position
Step Five: DH must get soft before pulling out to avoid spilling
Step Six: Orgasm for me. This is shown to get more sperm in although it is not necessary for conception I believe it will help
Step Seven: Lay there with my butt up for atleast 30 mins after Orgasm

Sounds complicated but I want it to all become habbit so we dont even have to think about what we are doing. Ive also got a lot of diet and suppliments added into the mix!

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

April 19th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Let us know how this works, does staying firm and pulling out actually cause spillage? Never thought of that...also, female orgasm before the man isn't so good because it can repel sperm, female orgasm after the man is good, it pulls the sperm in further.

April 22nd, 2011, 09:29 AM
Super Mommy
With MFI I do not recommend the sperm meets egg plan. I have been pregnant twice with MFI and it only happened when we abstained for at least 4 days before ovulation then did it on ovulation. much like Nicole's plan. I am now doing SA at home to save DH stress and money and found a good count ( too many to count) last week after DH abstaining for 7 days. so I know for my DH frequent BD is not producing a good count.
April 22nd, 2011, 11:53 PM
Very interesting because everything I've been told and read says the total opposite and that if you abstain for too long the sperm wont be fresh and will start dying, we got pregnant with MFI too and it was when we abstained for only about 36 hours so I guess every person is different but my dh's SA's were always better only abstaining 2-3 days verses longer because the little guys started dying off.

April 23rd, 2011, 05:58 PM
Super Mommy
My DH's quality was good after abstaining for 5 days so I guess for some men its different .
I also have him taking alot of antioxidants.

some studys suggest X sperm are at the highest count 7 days after abstaining and the X sperm are stronger and can survive more hostile conditions then y sperm. so to raise our chances were abstaining 5-7 days before ovulation. I could care less if its another girl I just want a BFP.

btw I got most of my sperm info from ingender because we were swaying for a boy but not anymore.
she has alot of studys on that site as well to back up the information.

If there is a morphology issue I agree that abstaining no more then 2-3 days at most is best.

Last edited by Lisap2008; April 23rd, 2011 at 06:02 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search