Hi Everyone! Been a loong time...

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2011, 07:43 PM
Super Mommy
I just wanted to reintroduce myself!

I posted here a loong time ago, right after we got the results from my DH's SA, but I have been MIA because we took a break for a while.

Dh has had 2 SA's, both of which were pretty much the same. His count was 1 million, he has a liquefaction defect, and some morphology issues.

We just got some bloodwork results back. They tested for Y Chromosome Microdeletion and Cystic Fibrosis, both of which were negative. Which is good, but it just means we still don't know why his count is so low. We are supposed to make an appointment with the RE in the next couple of weeks, and then I guess we will see what they say. What they had said before is that if all the tests were normal, we would need to go right to IVF with ICSI, so I expect them to say the same. I really don't know what we will do for sure, because I know that is going to be reeeeaaally expensive.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

TTC on our own for over 2 years
Dx with Severe MFI- Blood work shows no Microdeletion and no CF mutations

Ultrasound scheduled 3/22- DONE! Everything looks normal, other than some cysts on my right ovary.
HSG scheduled 4/14- DONE! Tubes are clear!!
On BCP until our IVF w/ICSI scheduled for August!!!
March 3rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
Hi Wallflower!
I'm new to this site...I posted my very long story a couple weeks ago. Did your husband see a urologist? Is that who gave him the S/A? Was he checked for a vericocele? My hubby and I are in a similar situation...we were told last year, by a fertility clinic that IVF was our only chance of getting pregnant... which we will do, as a last option but we want to figure out why his numbers are so bad...we took a break but are back to "trying" again. After a ton of googlling sp? It seems that vitamins may help your hubby's numbers improve. My hubs is on a cocktail of them, which he started last week.

There is a site that I have been going to that provides some more info on this subject....fertilichat, go to the thread that says male infertility....there is a guy Rich who replies to the posts with a specific answer, if you give him your hubby's S/A numbers. He seems knowledgeable but I don't know who he is...Hope some of this helped.

TTC for 3+ years

Praying for a baby this year!!!!

Last edited by tryn4baby; March 3rd, 2011 at 11:05 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
March 4th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Super Mommy
Hello!

No, we haven't been to a urologist or been checked for a varicocele yet. That may be what the RE tells us to do next. He is taking some vitamins, a multivitamin and L-Arginine, but I know there are a lot more he could be taking!

I've never heard of that site, I will have to check it out! Thanks!

TTC on our own for over 2 years
Dx with Severe MFI- Blood work shows no Microdeletion and no CF mutations

Ultrasound scheduled 3/22- DONE! Everything looks normal, other than some cysts on my right ovary.
HSG scheduled 4/14- DONE! Tubes are clear!!
On BCP until our IVF w/ICSI scheduled for August!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search