Varicocele Surgery Sucess! BFP!

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I've posted on here a few times but have read many of your stories looking for support and people that understand.

I (31 now) and my husband (32) have one son that is 3 1/2. We started trying for the 2nd 25 months ago. We tried for a year on our own and then I decided to go in and get checked out. My doctor checked me out, happen to have an ultrasound on the day I ovulated and everything looked great, but he suggested getting my husband tested.

His first test showed his sample to be mildly abnormal. Total count was 47 million, Motility at 31% and Strict Morphology at 5%. We had a second test done 3 months later, count was 35 million, Motility 22%, 6 Strict Morphology. After this test we consulted a urologist who confirmed my OB's suspision that my husband most likely had a varicocele. Varicocele surgery was the best option for us and my husband who is always a trooper scheduled it for August (2010.) Surgery went well (insurance covered it), my husband was off work for about 3 days.

In December we had a follow up SA. 84 million, Motility 35% and 8% Morphology. Our Urologist was very pleased. He said if we were not pregnant by March to come in for another SA.

So here we are in March, I'm getting very impatient, my unmarried sister-in-law just announces that she is pregnant again (this is the 2nd surprise pregnancy she has had, I can't believe you can be 30 and its still a surprise as how it could happen) I'm getting very depressed, Aunt Flo is slated to start on my 31st birthday, I take a pregnancy test that morning (which I never test as I'm like clockwork) and I didn't want to break down at work when I got my period. I was shocked to see TWO BLUE LINES.

I don't believe it, I wake up my husband and shove the test in his face, he was like I don't know what that means (not suprisingly I've been peeing on all kinds of OPKs so he really wouldn't assume it was a pregnancy test) I shout I'm pregnant! What a great birthday present. So its a few days later and I thought I would post our story because I know I needed hope many times during our journey, and I wanted to share our story if it would help someone else trying to decide if Varicocele surgery is for them.
March 26th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Congrats!! My husband had the same thing; had surgery and we were able to have our baby. It's a tough journey, but worth it when you get that BFP!!

Angel
March 26th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Veteran
Wow! What wonderful news!! Congratulations!!
Megann & Greg married 7/18/09, expecting baby #1 April 14th, 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

March 30th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I got pregnant 3 months after my DH's varicocele surgery, but sadly lost the baby. We are hoping to conceive again soon.

My Ovulation Chart
April 4th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Super Mommy
That's awesome! Congrats!

TTC on our own for over 2 years
Dx with Severe MFI- Blood work shows no Microdeletion and no CF mutations

Ultrasound scheduled 3/22- DONE! Everything looks normal, other than some cysts on my right ovary.
HSG scheduled 4/14- DONE! Tubes are clear!!
On BCP until our IVF w/ICSI scheduled for August!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search