Success story to encourage someone

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Veteran
Hi,
my name is Megann, I posted a while ago asking about varicocle surgery. My DH and I had been TTC for 14 months this month. He had a fairly large varicocele so we were assuming that was our problem. About 4-5 months ago I started him on a bunch of supplements including high doses of antioxidants because I had read that would help. In February he had a SA done. It was ok, his count was 26 mil/ml, motility 60% and morph was 9%. It wasn't that bad but we had not been able to conceive so we decided to go ahead with the surgery which was on Tues. We were so nervous about it, I even took a last minute pregnancy test that morning (I was like 9 DPO) just to see, I was thinking if by some miracle I was pregnant we could cancel the surgery. It was BFN so we went through with it. Well, 2 mornings ago while my DH was miserable on the couch I took another test and the lightest line every appeared. I wasn't sure it was BFP so I kept it to myself. The next morning I tested again and it was a pretty obvious BFP. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT. I almost felt bad telling DH because he was so uncomfortable. We are so excited though! I was just expecting to have to wait for a while AFTER the surgery to get pregnant but this is even better. I think it was the supplements that really made a difference. Someone on this board had recommeded fertilichat where this guy named Rich answers questions about male fertility. That was a GREAT resource. For anyone struggling with male infertilty I would recommend that site as well.
Megann & Greg married 7/18/09, expecting baby #1 April 14th, 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

March 27th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
What an awesome story! Could you tell me some of the supplements you had your dh on? Also, was that 9% morphology kruger stict or regular morphology? If it was kruger, thats an excellent morph, as the average man has a 5-7% kruger stict morph, my dh's is low at 3% and we think this could be part of our issue.

Even though you got your BFP a few days after dh's surgery, its still probably a good idea that he got the surgery for future children you may want. Congratulations on your miracle baby, I had one of those too with my son, we conceived just 24 hours before heading into a new RE appointment that would have been a quick $300 out of pocket to get a second opinion, my dh's numbers were awful (much better now), so my son is a miracle too! Thanks for sharing your story.

March 28th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Veteran
Thank you so much! I am not sure what the morph was based on, all I know is they said it should be at least 14%. The supplements I had my DH on were:
Vit C 1000mg
Prenatal vitamin
Acytl L-carnitine 500mg
Vitamin E 400mg
Maximum strength resveratrol
Green tea extract
Vit D 2000mg
B complex
Fish oil

I started him on these 3-4 months ago as well as eating healthy with lots of fruits and veggies. I really, truely beleive that is made a difference and that the SA we had done in Feb was fairly normal because of these changes we made. I say that because I literally had an entire year of BFNs when we were really trying and then in Feb I had a chemical pregnancy (just a REALLY light BFP and then AF came a day late) and then this month my BFP. I don't think that is coincidence at all. Good luck to you! I am glad to hear that your DH's SA is better than it used to be and I hope it continues to improve. This whole journey is so hard. I am so grateful for this happening now because I was really dreading having to think about going down the infertililty treatment road.
Megann & Greg married 7/18/09, expecting baby #1 April 14th, 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

March 28th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Yes, that sounds like regular morphology which should be at least 14%, kruger needs to be at least 4% to be considered normal.

Thanks for the info on the supplements, my dh is already on several of those, never thought about prenatals for men though. Supplements do make a world of difference because my dh's analysis from late last year verses 5 years ago is amazingly better, 5 years ago it was 5 million count and 20% motility (cant remember morph but it was normal) and today its 55 million count and 58% motility. He is just starting to diet so I am hoping we will have the same outcome you did soon

April 22nd, 2011, 09:36 AM
Super Mommy
Congratulations!.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search