hi!!! new to this board...

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2011, 11:44 AM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
hi there! normally i post on the TTC board...but thought I'd introduce myself here, as I may be spending some time here on this board...

I introduced myself in the getting to know you thread (x-posted from there

hi!!! new here.

Your/DH's Names & Ages? Keri-Ann (31) and Dan (37)

Birthdays? Keri-Ann (8/29) and Dan (6/18)

Anniversary? legally married 4/18/09 - wedding and celebrating 6/26/10

Any Children/Furbabies, if so what are their names/ages? 1 black pug - Petey - age 8 / 1 golden retriever/golden lab mix - Chloe - age 2 / 1 calico cat - Collins - age 10.

How Long TTC? off BC in March of '09 so NTNP for 5 months. TTC since September '10 - so TTC for 9 months

What methods are you using to get BFP? right now, just natural...hubby had his first SA done last week only to find out he has a very low count...he is making an appt with a urologist this week.

Anything else you would like to tell us? i have no known fertility issues and am annoyingly 28 days clockwork and usually O on day 14...(textbook case, am I!) but hubby had a count of 8.5 million for his first SA...so hopefully we can figure out what's going on and what we can do to help him out!

So yeah - his SA from last week is what is scaring me...i know his count - which was 8.5 million isn't HORRIBLE compared to some - but it IS low - specially when I keep seeing that "normal" is 15 million and AVERAGE is like 60 million?!!!

I honestly didn't get what the other numbers were - and I probably need to call my doc back for them. She gave me a number for a urologist for my husband to make an appt with. My doc is just my family doc and so I also have an appt with an OBGYN on June 1st.

i'm trying to be patient - as there's a ton of reasons I keep telling myself that waiting to become pregnant IS a good thing...my husband and I do have very good jobs - but we are in debt that we are trying to pay down...
i really do NOT want to pay for day care (and I love my job, I will return to work after my maternity leave once we have our first child) and so my parents will be moving down here to help take care of any babies we have...but my dad still has 14 months til he retires...

and yeah, basically those two things are the ONLY things helping me not go TOO crazy over not getting pregnant yet..but neither of us are getting any younger. hubby will be 38 next month. I will be 32 in august...we do NOT want to really wait that much longer...

my husband also things he might have low testosterone levels. he has been extremely tired this past year...low libido...bad sleep...very irritable/moody...

so i dunno. just getting frustrated. hopefully we'll get some answers soon.

as i said above, i've been charting/TTC really since last september...and NTNP for about 5 months before that. i know it can take the "normal" couple about a year to conceive...but it's technically now been over a year.

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
May 16th, 2011, 12:10 PM
x-posting this information from my thread on the TTC board...not sure if those here on this board look there.

Just wanted some feedback on his SA...

From what I gather, he SHOULD have at least three SA's done to truly gather information on this, right?

Here are his numbers:

btw, he has an urologist appt this month! he called this morning.

Semen volume: 1.6 ml (should be >1.5mL) - looks OK here...

Total sperm in the ejaculate: 13.6 million (should be >39 million - wow that doesn't look good.)

Sperm per ml: 8.5 million (should be - >15 million/ml - again, doesn't look good)

Progressive motility: 27% (should be >32% - again, doesn't look good)

Total Motility: 10% (should be >40% - dang, not good at all)

Morphologically Normal: 0% (should be >4% - wow. yeah. sucks. )

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
May 16th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Super Mommy
So sorry hun.

The only thing normal on my DH's SA ( according to the doctors) was his morphology which was 30%. which they considered great but his progressive motility was also 10% and Count was 16million and we have been pregnant twice so maybe that gives you some hope. one thing we have done that I think helped is (TMI ), I also have hostel CM so I use baking soda douche a hour before we DTD and the first time we conceived I also used egg whites . and after DTD placed a instead cup inside to keep the swimmers at the cervix. the last time we got a BFP though was after my DH had taken HCG for a few months and we had given up at that point and got a surprise BFP still have no idea how it happened.sadly I lost both pregnancys so were TTC again.

one thing you should know is many things can effect a mans count , even the common cold can affect it. so thats one of the reasons they say to have more then one SA done before diagnosing MFI.
May 17th, 2011, 04:59 PM
thanks. as i posted, he has a urologist appt next week. but we both believe there iS something going on with him. His libido has also dropped like you wouldn't believe. it SUCKS as I'm normally the one who initiates anything - and there've been times we've ONLY DTD just because it was around the time I was ovulating and we had a "job" to do.

i told him last night how much it SUCKS on my part that he doesn't initiate anything anymore and he knows it does - he swears to me that it's not that he doesn't want or desire me...he's just so beyond tired and exhausted. so hopefully the docs can find / help with something!

IVF=ONLY option

May 17th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Super Mommy
It does sound like low testosterone , hopefully the doctors can give you some answers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search