so impatient...hate waiting!

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2011, 02:04 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
so my husband had his initial "get to know you" doctor's appointment with the urologist...they took a blood sample but we won't get the results until his next appointment - which isn't until JUNE 9TH!!!!!

now the cool thing is - he said that the doc told him I can come along with him to this appointment.

ya know - for the longest time I've never really felt that "maternal instinct" of NEEDING to be a mommy immediately...and now that i AM starting to feel the need/want to have a baby...it is SO incredibly frustrating that we can't get pregnant!

i dunno - maybe it's cuz i'm sitting here on a saturday afternoon at 5 p.m. with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO...as the house is clean and my husband is working (he's a caterer, he's working a party tonight)...seriously i am so freakin' bored...i keep thinking how i wouldn't be if I had a baby to take care of! haha. (no i'm not sayin i only want one cuz i'm bored, lol)...

but ugh. i wish we knew NOW what our next steps were! DO we need medical assistance? CAN we even GET pregnant?

it really sucks to get on facebook and see so many of my friends post about the cool things their kids are doing...i want that.

TTC for too darn long...4 years...Started March 2010
February 2014 - IVF #3 - blighted ovum
Life sucks.

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
May 28th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Super Mommy
I understand I hate waiting too , keep yourself busy and hopefully the time flys by.
May 28th, 2011, 07:37 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Waiting does suck. We first saw an urologist last year in April, and we ended up getting pregnant on our own, even after the doctor told us it may be hard to get pregnant without MA. That pregnancy ended in loss.

Fast forward to over a year later and over 3 years of TTC (extremely long wait) and we finally opted for the IVF route. I hope your journey does not take you the long way.

Oh and on a funnier note, I tortured my poor hubby about seeing the urologist because he did NOT want the prostate exam. I insisted on coming with him because I knew he did not want me to see him get violated. Once in the room though, I felt so embarrassed for him (you should have seen the look on his face) that I told him that I should probably leave so that he would not feel emabarrassed. He grabbed my arm and told me that I could not leave after everything I put him through. I have never felt so bad for teasing my hubby in my whole life. I think I left that doctor more scarred than he did. Lol.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
May 29th, 2011, 08:10 AM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyE117 View Post
Waiting does suck. We first saw an urologist last year in April, and we ended up getting pregnant on our own, even after the doctor told us it may be hard to get pregnant without MA. That pregnancy ended in loss.

Fast forward to over a year later and over 3 years of TTC (extremely long wait) and we finally opted for the IVF route. I hope your journey does not take you the long way.

Oh and on a funnier note, I tortured my poor hubby about seeing the urologist because he did NOT want the prostate exam. I insisted on coming with him because I knew he did not want me to see him get violated. Once in the room though, I felt so embarrassed for him (you should have seen the look on his face) that I told him that I should probably leave so that he would not feel emabarrassed. He grabbed my arm and told me that I could not leave after everything I put him through. I have never felt so bad for teasing my hubby in my whole life. I think I left that doctor more scarred than he did. Lol.
hahahaha the prostate exam. I laugh at that because - he had NO idea that was going to happen the other day! when he texted me, right after the appt, he was like "well that was THE MOST ACKWARD 5 minutes of MY LIFE!" and I asked him why? (i didn't know what had happened)...

I made fun of him for it all night!

You ever watch Family Guy? There's that episode where Peter has to go get his done?...lol

TTC for too darn long...4 years...Started March 2010
February 2014 - IVF #3 - blighted ovum
Life sucks.

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
May 30th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Oh hun! i know..i have been there!! It does suck and even when you do get preggo its another waiting game! (not complaining by any means!) I hope things speed up and you can get some answers! good luck!
May 31st, 2011, 08:57 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
Waiting was the hardest part. ((Hugs))

and about the prostate exam. I knew ahead of time, but didn't share with DH. And the look on his face was so funny.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
June 6th, 2011, 07:06 PM
LMAO!! I had to let my husband know! He had to "prep" for that, you know. I do remember that eppie of Family Guy with Peter. Ha!

June 6th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Oh, and my poor hubby is sitting down next to me being tortured about it all over again! Now that it is all said and done, we can laugh about it! The doctor was a tall man too, so he was scared about it! I would tell you in detail what all went down, but my husband would kill me!

On the plus side, my husband left with a few "party packs" of fun pills for us. He said that it was almost worth it. Lol.

June 7th, 2011, 05:52 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
LOL about the "party packs". And I agree, the family guy episode was so funny.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search