Hey ladies!

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Hey ladies!
I see alot of new faces here as i havent been on this board in a long long time! SO i thought i would introduce myself and give you some hope using my story! Ill warn though..it is a little long..but please read it!

Im Jessie married to Santos. We started ttc in 2006. Finally after 3.5 years of trying we are expecting our baby girl at the end of June! Ive noticed alot of you have been saying that your DH has low morphology and pregnancy is not likely for you..it is!

I was told i had a septated uterus and needed surgery..it took 3 surgeries. Hubby left for korea when we hit one year of trying and thats when i had my surgeries..He came home a year later and we picked up where we left off..just trying the old fashioned way. We went to one RE and they said he had low count..we didnt buy it. We went to another RE when we moved..so at that time it was 1.5 years total we had been trying. Still nothing. They gave us clomid and sent us on our way..still nothing..we made another appt. Come to find out..DH had 1% morphology..so the dr prescribed Vit C 1,000 mg and Vit E 400 iu. And said to come back in 3 months. 3 months later we were told his morphology had dropped..now it was at 0%. We were devastated. The RE told us that ivf/icsi would be our only hope! we didnt take that..we wanted to try iui first..RE said.."It wont work but you can try it" Well it didnt work. He was right. So months later (now we were trying for 2.5 years at this time) we finally decided IVF/ICSI would be the way to go..they had us pumped that it would work. Nope! We had a wonderful retrieval..they got 28 mature eggies..but as the days went on..our embabies started to die off We were losing hope! They transferred 3 horrible embabies and said they had seen it work..well we had no hope left. 2 weeks later hubby took the call..the ivf had failed...we didnt know where to go from there. We went back to talk to the RE about why it failed and his only explanation was that i had bad eggs (i was 26..so that was rare) so he told us that if we couldnt do ivf to go home and for us to lose weight and that when we were ready for ivf again to come back..even though we could get the same results. We went on..devastated.. we got into foster care adoption..that fell through for us..the 2 kids we wanted to adopt had parents who kept fighting and to this day..the whole thing is still in court . I am not sure if yall know Brandi (TTCMA) had a concoction on the board that alot of girls had tried..i was like ok i have nothing to lose! The first cycle i tried it..i was finally pregnant..After 3 almost 3.5 years..i am finally going to have the baby i waited soo long for. DH and i have been married for 5 years now and couldnt be happier..i wont lie though..in the beginning it was hard to accept. After all i had been through it was soo hard to think that something was FINALLY going right for us. Now we are finally getting close to holding the baby girl that all drs said we would never have! So i dont want yall to lose hope..I know sometimes its hard to hear others miracle stories thats where i was when i finally got pregnant..i felt like miracles happened to others and not to me..it did happen to me..and it can happen to you! im sorry this is soo long..but i want you to know weve been there! It hurts..i know..but your turn is coming and im praying for each of you! I wish you all the best..thanks for reading!! <3 many hugs to you!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
May 31st, 2011, 08:54 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I always love hearing your success story. Such an inspiration!!

and big congrats on that baby girl!! It won't be long now.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
May 31st, 2011, 04:34 PM
aww..thanks! you are soo sweet!

May 31st, 2011, 07:23 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie0505 View Post
Hey ladies!
I am not sure if yall know Brandi (TTCMA) had a concoction on the board that alot of girls had tried..i was like ok i have nothing to lose! The first cycle i tried it..i was finally pregnant..After 3 almost 3.5 years..i am finally going to have the baby i waited soo long for.
first off !!

so what is the concoction you took? DH has 0% morph, low sperm count (8.5million) and low motility...that is all from his first SA. his (our) next urology appt is June 9th.

i don't wanna put him on anything til after we see the doc...but i'd love to know what worked for you!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
June 1st, 2011, 10:41 PM
Well i dont know EVERYTHING she took..i took a few things off her list..
Lemon water (has to be real lemon) 1/2 a lemon a day in warm water (helps your body adujust a little better)
geritol (vitamin) in place of prenatal
SOY isoflavones (this was the biggest one)it works like clomid but its not as strong..so b/c of clomid kinda dried things up a little..i went out on a limb and used
Evening Primerose oil that really helps!
Now i dont really wanna give doeses for that b/c every one is diffent..for me i used 120 mg of soy and 2 pills of evening primerose oil..you can get them both from walmart or anywhere that sells vitamins..

Here is the last thread i know of where it was mentioned..
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...g-recipes.html (Brandi's NATURAL Baby-Making Recipes!)

That was for me..my dh only had low morph...but they told us basically it would never happen..they were soo wrong! Good luck sweetie! i sure hope it happens for ya!!

June 3rd, 2011, 07:56 AM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
Did your DH continue to take his supps? What was he taking? My dh has 1% morph too, but that was 3 months ago. Since then he's been on a handful of stuff and we're getting ready for a repeat SA to see if he's improved.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
June 3rd, 2011, 06:04 PM
i think he continued taking zinc and fish oil..and we found out he had a vit d deficiency.. so he was taking vit d...however he wasnt drinking hardly at all..so we think that might have played a big role..but he wasnt taking the vit c and vit e that the dr prescribed..i do know that..since it seemed to make things worse! Are you going in for a recheck? I hope things improve for ya! HUGS! good luck!

June 4th, 2011, 04:34 PM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
He's taking a whole bunch of things and it has been right about 3 months since the last SA. We're planning a repeat, just gotta get in touch with my RE and have her send in another referral. Thanks for the well wishes..we're really hoping things have improved.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
June 8th, 2011, 02:30 PM
i sure hope so!

June 25th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
I cant believe its already time for you to have your baby! Time flies and I expect to see an update and pictures!
July 2nd, 2011, 04:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is amazing I almost cried. I hope to have a story like this. I have been trying to get pregnant for t years. What did you do all that month. I'm not on any meds. Dh has very low sprem. We are to have our first re. Appointment and I want to try a few things first. He is taking a fertility pill.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search