Hi ladies! I haven't been around for a while...clomid for men question...

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2011, 11:16 AM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
Hey ladies! I haven't been around for a while - but I'm stopping in to say HI!

We've had ZERO luck in the baby makin' department...but I've also completely stopped taking my temps and using my CBEFM too...just felt like it was too much of a hassel when - according to our doc - our only option is IVF with ICSI and insurance doesn't cover any of that.

sigh.

Anyways - I have a quick question - for those of you who's HUSBANDS were prescribed Clomid - did this help you guys to get a BFP at all?

Mine's been on it now for a couple of months (although took one month off, not realzing he had a year supply at the pharmacy! lol). But he did have another blood test (hasn't had another SA done yet though) and his testosterone levels are up, but they also have him on another pill to help regulate the estrogen levels, since clomid in men can make estrogen rise...

sigh.

Just getting frustrated and would love some encouraging stories that clomid works in men!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
August 12th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH has not tried it, although he might ask his urologist about it soon. I have a feeling his doctor will just say to keep doing IUIs though, since DH is now (after varicocele surgery and tons of supplements) at a level where IUI *should* work (we did try one IUI in April and have been unable to do another one since then due to me ALWAYS ovulating when we have to be out of town).

My Ovulation Chart
August 12th, 2011, 01:24 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
DH's urologist talked to us briefly about the verocile surgery - but IF that's an option, we can't do that until at least Christmas time - as they said he'd be out of commission for at least 2 weeks, and DH's job doesn't permit him that much time off (except between christmas/new years).

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
August 13th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Super Mommy
My DH is on Tamoxifen which works like clomid only is stronger and does not have the side effects that clomid does ,he has taken it for almost 4 months now and his count has more then doubled. oh also Tamoxifen costs much less then clomid , my DH takes 20mg of tamoxifen a day along with GNC mega man.

Last edited by Lisap2008; August 13th, 2011 at 08:22 AM.
August 27th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Regular
I am so gla I looked at this forum. I had no idea there was a such thong as clomid for men. I am going to ask my husband to talk to his doctor about it.
August 27th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Regular
Sorry for my typos. I am using my phone and apparently I'm not a good phone typer!
August 28th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Super Mommy
yep even bodybuilders use clomid to raise their testosterone on post cycle. I found most of the information from them.
July 19th, 2012, 08:57 AM
This is my very first post on ANY forum. My husband and I were ttc for 15 mo. before finding out he had 0 sperm,motility etc. He had verocile surgery in May and now we have to wait to have SA checked in October. He has been on clomid for 4 months now and will continue. The clomid alone didn't change his most recent SA. I OV regularly and we ttc all the time. AF just arrived for the 17th time and counting and it is so hard not to get angry and depressed. Friends claim to be getting pregnant all the time on the 1st try, hard to believe and so frustrating.
October 1st, 2013, 11:21 AM
Veteran
My husband has been taking Chlomid (25mg/daily) for the past 3 weeks. I'm hoping within the next 3 months it helps increase his numbers.

**I know this post is old....just trying to revamp it.
TTC #1 - 23 months and counting
Male Factor Infertility
IUI #4 - Chemical Pregnancy👼
IUI #5 - Ectopic Pregnancy👼
IUI #6 ~ Dec 14/Jan 15

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search