Donor Sperm Ordered

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Veteran
I just wanted to share with you all that my DH and I placed our order for donor sperm this morning, we are FREAKING out as this becomes closer to reality. While I know it's not guaranteed for a succesful pregnancy result , I'm so excited to try. We found a donor who seems like a nice guy , his childhood photo is cute and he seems to come from a healthy family. I may never know this gentleman but I thank him dearly for even taking the step to help other families in need. Based on my cycle, I'm assuming we'll be doing our first round of IUI in early January ! I'll keep you all posted !

Scottiegrl.

December 27th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Veteran
Hi Scottiegirl - I remember you from when I first signed on here; I just wanted to say Good Luck with everything, and Yay for choosing donor sperm to move forward. I look forward to seeing your updates in hopes everything works for you anf DH!!!!

December 28th, 2011, 05:18 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck sweetie!!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 28th, 2011, 02:00 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Good luck to you. How exciting. I was just in my RE office today and a couple just found out on Christmas Eve they got their BFP using donor sperm and IUI. They were super excited. I hope that is you too!

Good luck again! I am sure you picked the perfect one to give you and your DH the baby you deserve.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
January 5th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Super Mommy
Good luck! I hope your BFP comes real soon!.
January 5th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Veteran
Thank you for all your well wishes. I know this board isn't a flurry of activity but it's absolutely helped me get through this tough reality of infertility. I know it's not guranteed that I'll get pregnant by using donor sperm but I've been so thankful to share my feelings with women I don't even know, simply because we share a bond that not many people have to face. Thank you again for everything.

Scottiegrl
January 6th, 2012, 05:04 AM
You know I understand how you feel. ((((hugs)))) Good luck sweetie!! I can't wait for you to get that beautiful BFP.

January 12th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Veteran
UPDATE : URGGGGH , I've been taking a home ovuation test since Sat and have not had a positive response. Tomorrow is the last day I can take it before we have to wait until Feb. I KNOW I ovulate and for some reason I'm not getting the positive response I need to proceed w/ IUI. This is the 1st time I've done home ovulation testing and I wonder if I managed to screw it up somehow and miss my window unknowinlgy. The nurse gave me vague directions and when I read the instructions that came w/ the tests they said " avoid excessive drinking and wait 4 hrs before a test" UM HELLO, I literally go to the batroom about every 90 min - 120 min - I drink about 64 oz a day, how do these tests REALLY work!? The nurse said if we cannot proceed w/ insemination this month , the doc will want to put me on clomid for next month, which right now I'm against because like I said, I FEEL that I ovluate normally. UGGGH FRUSTRATING !! Anyway I had to vent. Tell me a happy story?
February 8th, 2012, 05:31 AM
I'm sorry sweetie!! Our bodies can be so frustrating. OPKs never worked for me, one of the big reasons we ended up having the monitoring done by the RE.

My monitoring was like this - they did u/s on cd3 to count the follies, I did take the clomid from cd3-7 (since I have PCOS and O can be delayed for me even with the metformin), the next u/s was around cd10/11ish and we planned from there. I O'd super early for me with clomid & metformin. The u/s showed I had 1 big follie ready to go, so I used the trigger injection that evening and my IUIs were back to back (consecutive days) on cd12 & cd13.

February 9th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Veteran
Hi Becky !!

Everytime you post my spirts rise back up!

I did get a positive result with the home ovulation test yesterday and am actually going in TODAY for our first try with IUI !! I am trying to breath normally but I'm really excited , I know it's not likely I'll get pg on this first shot but the chance that I could is more than anything we'e had in the past couple of years.

THANK YOU for all your encouraging words !!
February 9th, 2012, 07:24 AM
I'm so glad I can lift your spirtits. I do try to check in on this board more often, just seem to run out of time. And because my DH's MFI is so specific and there wasn't anything we could do (vitamins/surgery/etc.), I don't feel I can help with alot of the questions/situations that we have here. I'm glad to know that I can help with cases like yours.

Good luck today sweetie!!!! I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you today.

And I had some general cramping in the abdomen area after my IUIs. Not that painful, but just a little discomfort. They typically had me lay down on the table for a few minutes after the procedure, but no restrictions other then that. Are they having you take progesterone supplements or anything? With me, I had low progesterone levels resulting in a short LP, so I was on them during the 2WW and when I got pg for those first 10-12 weeks.

February 13th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Veteran
Hi Becky !

Oh yeah , you're situation is definitely similar to ours and your story and words have been so helpful. Thank you for sharing

Well I've had the procedure, I can't believe how EASY and quick it was ! Literally 40 seconds and done, haha. They said to lay on the table for 10 minutes afterwards, they left my hubby and I in the room giggling. We have a lot of excited / nervous energy so everything was making us laugh. Yes I have not had any discomfort, some mild cramping too but from what I was told that is quite normal. Now we wait, I haven't had any 'signs' yet and my PMS apparently mirrors what pregnancy symptoms can be like ( tender breasts, cramping, fatigue ) so I guess the only true way for me to know is if I miss my period and a pg test. It's hard to really think of anything else right now but I'm doing my best !

They didn't not put me on anything, I'm taking a prenatal pill on my own.

Here's to a good week to everyone and great vibes !!
February 14th, 2012, 05:19 AM
I'm glad you checked in, I was wondering how you were doing. The procedure is so quick & fast. And I know exactly what you mean about nervous energy. We were like that too. Now I know it's easier said then done, but try to relax this week. Next week is when you can start wondering. My first symptom that really got my attention was my breasts were tender on the sides. That was unusual for me as they typically were tender elsewhere with my PMS. I'm keeping all my fingers crossed for you!!

February 14th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Veteran
hahah next week is gonna be brutal , I figure if I get my period it will be Wed/ Thur next week. I'm having some mild cramping, very mild, but again, it's not unusal while I PMS. I have not had any tenderness in my breasts yet nor anything other signs. I looked for "uber early pregnancy symptoms' but there wasn't much for "under 1 week" ahah go figure ! All I know is if it's happened, it's happened by now -if not , we try again ! I'll keep you posted !!
Thanks Becky !
February 20th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Veteran
Blah I'll know soon enough but I can't help but feel that attempt # 1 didn't work, I feel exactly how I feel right before my period comes. * SIGH * well I guess it was wishful thinking it would work right away. Here's too try # 2 !

Good vibes to everyone !
February 21st, 2012, 06:26 AM
(((hugs))) I'm sorry sweetie!! I do hope you're wrong. When do you expect AF to arrive? Or when will they do a bloodtest?

February 21st, 2012, 06:43 AM
Veteran
AF came today I feel miserable. I know it was just our first go but it's so hard not to get excited and talk about baby. I guess we'll try again , my guess will be approx 2nd week of March. I know they talked about adding clomid , I'm not sure if they want to do that this time around or with 3rd and the last try. We'll see I guess. Will keep you posted. Thank you for the hugs, I need them !
February 21st, 2012, 07:29 AM
I'm sorry sweetie. I know it's so hard. My first cycle was also a BFN, and it was so hard. I'm older then you & have PCOS, so for us, we did do Clomid, and then an injection shot too, followed by progesterone supplements immediately after the 2nd IUIs (we did 2 inseminations with the donor sperm, 1 was 12 hours after the trigger injections shot, the 2nd was 24 hours later). We were successful the 2nd IUI cycle.

February 21st, 2012, 02:02 PM
Veteran
As the day is winding down , intial dissapointment is setting in and fading, the nurse from our clinic called me back & said we'll do it again next month. I hope our 2nd time around does the trick like it did for you guys. Ahhhhhhhh life.

Thank you Becky for your posts !!!

Here's to good vibes for March !
March 28th, 2012, 09:58 AM
unaspenser's Avatar Member
Thanks for sharing your updates. We are getting ready to go through IUI and it helps to hear what other people are experiencing. How did round 2 go?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search