We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Last year we were ttc when we found out the dh had testicular cancer. He initially had the affected testicle removed through surgery. Initially his ca markers went down like they were supposed to but then spiked. So he had to undergo chemo, before he underwent chemo he banked some sperm. When he banked we were told his sperm count was low due to having surgery and the other testicle hadn't fully recovered from him having surgery. He underwent 3 cycles of chemo and then had a break. He ended up having to have another surgery before the year was over. I have been off bc since November but have not been able to get pregnant yet. When I saw my OB in November, he said everything looked fine and normal and I should be able to get preggo again. (We have a son who just turned 3, I got preggo with him while I was taking Yaz). So my hubs hasn't had a sperm count done since last year. Do I need to give him another month or two to go get checked out or insist he do it sooner? I'm just so confused b/c I have regular cycles and had no problem conceiving our son. Any ideas, thoughts, and suggestions are greatly appreciated :-)
So sorry to hear about your husband's cancer, I hope he's recovering well and healthy !
I think since you've only been off BC since November ,you give it a few more months , I'm sure everything your DH went through, mucked about with his counts and whatnot. Perhaps give yourselves until summer and then revisit the issue if you are still not PG. This is pure opinon on my part , I don't know much about testicular cancer so I can't really comment from experience or anything like that!
I hope very much you get your BFP and all is well with your husband and family !!
hello! Waiting is so hard, especially when TTC. I don't know much about cancer treatments or chemo and how it affects sperm, other then that I have heard of banking the sperm ahead of treatments. I'm surprised though that his doctors have not had him do another sperm count. I would probably look into that, or at least call his doctor and ask their thoughts on a sperm count. I also would ask them how long they would want him to wait after those treatments before you both can TTC, in case the sperm needs to improve quality, quantity, stuff like that. Again, I don't know much about how what your DH went though will affect sperm production, so I'd call the doctors who would know.
Good luck & I hope you don't have to wait long for your BFP.
Thanks ladies for your input, it really does help :-) We see the oncologist in March for routine lab work and prolly schedule another CT scan to make sure there aren't any hot spots. At that time I think we will ask about getting an order to have another sperm count done as well as checking his testosterone level too.