Fertility Loans?

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Veteran
Morning All

Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever taken out a loan for their fertility treatements? I was just reading an article that they are becomming more popular but was hoping to get an opinion from someone with first hand experience. As we are all aware this is not a cheap venture and I am scrambling to come up with ways to pay for our procedures. Unfortuntely DH has been unemployed for nearly two years so that doesn't help the situation.

If anyone has any advise on fertility loans, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Scottiegrl
March 6th, 2012, 11:25 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry, I can't help with this topic personally. We were able to swing the 2 rounds we did, since the majority of the testing before the MFI was dx'd was all covered by the insurance. And my prescriptions were all covered, so we were very lucky. I'm curious though about what you find out.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
March 6th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Veteran
Thanks Becky , I'll definitley keep you posted
March 6th, 2012, 03:21 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Lurking! I used to post here a while back. I took out a loan for our IVF treatment. I forget the name of the place, but my RE recommended them. Depending on your credit, the interest rate is anywhere from 5% to 17%. Our rate was closer to 5%. Our payments were around $220 a month. I think it was a 5 year loan. Remember though, IVF is SUPER expensive. We paid it off within the first 6 months though.

Think of it like a cheap car payment (depending on how much you take out). If you can swing that, you can swing a fertility payment.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
March 13th, 2012, 05:40 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I saw your post and popped in. We went through fertility treatments and got a credit card called care credit. CareCredit® Healthcare Finance - Payment Plans and Financing for Cosmetic Surgery, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Veterinary & Other Medical Procedures It is a credit card that is used only for doctor bills and only some doctors take it. On a $6,000 balance my monthly payment is $170. Scarlett will probably be graduating from high school by the time we pay it off - worth every penny!!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 15th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Veteran
Thank you ladies , exactly what I was hoping to hear, good experiences! I agree, these little ones are worth every penny !!

Happy Spring.
Scottiegrl
April 24th, 2012, 10:09 PM
I just wanted to add that the fertility clinics provides financial help. Also there is a program called ARC. Good luck. I'm still working on this step too. Kmp.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search