TTC #2 with MFI

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Onelove121
  • 1 Post By kayakr
  • 1 Post By BeckyM
  • 1 Post By wishfulgal

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Super Mommy
(Copied from regular TTC board) Here is my story...DH and I tried for a year and a half for our first when we FINALLY got our miracle BFP AU NATURAL. DH had 2 semen anaysis that said he suffered with severe MFI (low count, low motility and poor morphology). I put DH on herbs and he did 3 months of acupuncture and three months later we were blessed with our son! He just turned 2 in November. We were told we would NEVER conceive without IVF with ICSI. We are now on our 10th cycle of ttc #2...I am SO frustrated, sad and discouraged...we are using opk's, instead cups, preseed, herbs and DH has been doing acupuncture for the last 2 months. I am going to my OB in January and thinking of having DH go in for another s/a to see how his swimmers are doing. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and praying each of you get your much deserved BFP!!!
kayakr likes this.
December 12th, 2012, 09:55 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Hello!
That is so awesome with low morphology you were able to conceive naturally. Such inspiration however since you did it once I know it has to be frustrating now that it hasn't happened again.

We have the same issue. I think acupuncture is the only thing that can help with morphology and that is great your DH is doing it. Mine didn't seem to want to do it so we are moving to IVF/ICSI now. I wish this board was more active but it just isn't - so I usually hang out on the TTCMA board.
Onelove121 likes this.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
December 12th, 2012, 01:39 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello. I try to pop in when I can & wish everyone the very best of luck!! I also love hearing these success stories. I personally don't have much advice to offer most ladies here though, as my DH's issue is unfixable. We chose to go the donor sperm route, and have a beautiful son. We're thinking of trying another couple of cycles this summer for #2, so for now just WTTC.
Onelove121 likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 12th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakr View Post
Hello!
That is so awesome with low morphology you were able to conceive naturally. Such inspiration however since you did it once I know it has to be frustrating now that it hasn't happened again.

We have the same issue. I think acupuncture is the only thing that can help with morphology and that is great your DH is doing it. Mine didn't seem to want to do it so we are moving to IVF/ICSI now. I wish this board was more active but it just isn't - so I usually hang out on the TTCMA board.
It is even MORE frustrating knowing we were able to get pregnant with our son. I do believe acupuncture and herbs is what helped us before...I read pine bark extract, vitamin e help morphology...he also did a lot of antioxidants to help with morph like vit c, coenzyme Q 10 and maca. Praying for your BFP!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyM View Post
Hello. I try to pop in when I can & wish everyone the very best of luck!! I also love hearing these success stories. I personally don't have much advice to offer most ladies here though, as my DH's issue is unfixable. We chose to go the donor sperm route, and have a beautiful son. We're thinking of trying another couple of cycles this summer for #2, so for now just WTTC.
Congrats on your beautiful son and praying TTC #2 goes smoothly and you get another beautiful BFP !!!
December 13th, 2012, 07:40 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
I have bought everything under the sun for DH to take and he never sticks with anything. We also haven't had an SA done for about 12 months now but there is no reason to beleive his morphology is any better.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
December 21st, 2012, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I"ll try to write out my story here sometime soon, but long story short DH has had sperm counts as low as 1.3million/ml w/ 36% motility...never higher than 12.8million/ml with 50% motility. Low morphlogy as well. And we've concived naturally three times (one m/c) and have 2 beautiful boys. So don't give up hope...I really believe the fact that it happened once is a great sign for you! We didn't even know we had fertility issues the first time we were TTC...it took about 6 months.

He did have varicocele surgery while we were TTC #2 but honestly I think his vitamin regimine may have helped more. He took a ton of vitamins but the biggies were 4 grams of L-arginine (I really think that improved the quality of his motility/speed) and 4 grams of L-carnitine and 1 gram Acetyl L-carnitine. Also Vitamin C and a good multivitamin. It was spendy but Vitacost.com is a little more reasonable. It took us 13 cycles to conceive our angel baby and another 11 to conceive our 3-month old baby...so 24 long cycle and 26 months but it was worth it.

I hope this gives you a little hope
Onelove121 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by wishfulgal; December 21st, 2012 at 01:23 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search