Male/infertility or unexplained ?

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lucylou1
  • 1 Post By Lucylou1

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Hey guys, Im new to this forum however sadly been in the infertility game for a long time. Im 30 and my husband is 28 we are xtremly lucky to have a beautiful 1 year old baby daughter from our first cycle of icsi. Even though i know how lucky I am to have one child already it hasnt weakend my desire to have another and to conceive naturally. I had all my tests done numerous times and they have come back normal however two years ago my Dh had an sa which came back with 2% morthology. The docs thought we cud still get pregnant naturally as the count and motility came back v high. To cut a long story short he has just had another Sa which has come back at 8% morthology and again a good count and motilitso this time hes considered normal. We have been trying to conceive for only three months and still nothing. I know im in this for the long run so would like to talk to people in the same boat. I dont feel i can talk to my sis or my friends as they havd all got pregnant in the first month of trying and dont understand the heart break and frustration i feel every month. If anyone is in the same situation id love to hear from you. If anyone has any sucees stories that would be great to. Thanks Lucy. x ps sorry for my spelling im on my phone.
January 7th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Super Mommy
Welcome! My husband had low count, low motility and 0% morphology...we did herbs, he did acupuncture and we got pg naturally after a year and 1/2...he did 3 mths of acupuncture and we got our BFP 2 months later. Is DH taking any vitamins? Pine bark extract and acupuncture are supposed to be biggies in helping morphology. We have been trying for almost a year unfortunately again...DH has been doing acupuncture for almost 3 months and is on a bunch of herbs. He is getting another s/a next week. Praying you get a natural bfp very soon!!!! If it could happen to us, I am sure it could happen for you guys!!! Fx!!!! Message me for any questions ♥
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

January 7th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Super Mommy
How long did u guys try for #1? And I TOTALLY get it...seeing 28 total cycles of BFN's is DEVASTATING...I am yearning for a second baby just as much as I was with our first. All of my friends got PG easily but luckily I met some amazing ladies on my first journey that are still some of my best friends that have also dealt with IF. GL!!!!
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs

January 9th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Hiya thanks so much for coming back to me. Congratulations on your natural bfp thats amazing and gives me losts of hope. I also wish u luck with your hubbies next sa and hope you see some better results. It really is such an upsetting situation to be in isnt it. Every month i track all my symptons hopeing this is it but it never is grrrr. Do you have a timeframe in mind that if you dont get pregnant you will have fertility treatment ? part of me wants to do it now but as the docs feel we can do it on our own im not sure if im getting into debt for nothing. My Dh is on iron and vitamin c tablets but ive also heard that tree bark helps so hes starting on them soon. It seems like you guys are doing all the right things and i hope u get ur bfp really soon :-) Its so hard to tell how long we were trying previously because when we first got together Dh mum was terminally ill wiv cancer so nooky wasnt priority and the a month after we got married my mum got the same cancer and died a year later which might be another reason why we didnt conceive because we were so stressed and didnt gave much nooky again. I wud say about a year though and this time around its been three months. Did the docs ever tell u a reason for your husbands low count etc? Thanks again for reply its a big help.x
Onelove121 likes this.
January 9th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Super Mommy
I am so sorry for all you have been through with his Mom and your Mom...I am also sorry for your loss ((HUGS)) . DH also had bloodwork done and saw a urologist...no "fixable" explanations for sperm issues (no varicocele, testosterone was in average range, all other hormones were ok). Has he been to a urologist? Can you do 3 months of acupuncture? Vit C is good, vit e, l carnitine, l arginine, b complex. We will try til next fall when DS turns 3...we just cannot afford IVF. I am confident it will happen to you! Join us on the trying conceive board!!! GL!!!

January 10th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Thanks for your lovely message chick : ) my hubbie has never seen anyone about his side of things, even with his 2% morph they felt we would get preggars naturally and felt sure it was a problem with me which of course it wasnt. I spoke to DH today and said he will do acupuncture but doesnt beleive it will work so lets see if he will actually go. I'm the same I cant afford treatment either I wish we could win the lottery : ) I hope you are feeling ok and getting on well. I'm coming on over to the trying to conceive thread would you guys I think it will do me wonders : ) x
Onelove121 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search