Political Party Forums?

Need Help Navigating JM?

Post here if you need help with anything at JustMommies. If you are having problems registering at JustMommies please contact us at boards@justmommies.com

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Need Help Navigating JM? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Veteran
I love conservative politics, and I'm sure there are many around here that love liberal politics and other viewpoints. How about it?
January 11th, 2005, 11:03 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
We have quite a few moms here into politics. I would certainly consider adding it if there were more people interested??

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
January 11th, 2005, 11:29 AM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yes! Great idea. As a red-stater deep in blue-state land, I would love to find some conservative companionship as well as intelligent debate with those who lean liberal. I'm all for it!
January 11th, 2005, 11:31 AM
mom2one's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by mamaB@Jan 11 2005, 01:29 PM
Oh yes! Great idea. As a red-stater deep in blue-state land, I would love to find some conservative companionship as well as intelligent debate with those who lean liberal. I'm all for it!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I agree totally...although I'm not sure about the debating part. Should we just have a party board for those that share political views, or turn this into a debate? I'm not thinking we should go into so much of the debate part, as just joing up with others of the like to talk.
January 11th, 2005, 11:51 AM
BluesCluesMom
I think debate should be left to the debate board.

And there could be party/leaning centered boards for people interested in discussion amongst themselves.
January 11th, 2005, 12:43 PM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by BluesCluesMom@Jan 11 2005, 01:51 PM
I think debate should be left to the debate board.

And there could be party/leaning centered boards for people interested in discussion amongst themselves.
[/quote]

That's a good idea, about the centered boards for political discussion. (The debate board that exists already is kind of a debate-about-anything forum rather than specific to discussions on government/law/party politics)

Looking forward to it!
January 11th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Veteran
I agree with that since there is already a debate board. I like talking with like-minded people.
March 21st, 2005, 11:05 AM
Veteran
I think it's a great idea. It might make more sense to simple make a political board for everyone to talk about politics in general. I find that itís kind of boring talking with like-minded people about politics. Whereís the fun in that? Of course this may turn into a debate from time to time but I donít see very many political debates in the on the debate board to begin with. Ideally there would be a similar number of liberals and conservatives participating in the discussion so you would be surrounded by, but not limited to, like-minded people. I think most of us are considerate and responsible adults that could handle a mature political discussion without jumping down each otherís throats.
password: 121777

March 21st, 2005, 12:38 PM
Is there anyone else interested in this? Also, I personally think it would be better to have either separate boards for separate parties or have a board with subforums for each party. Otherwise it WILL turn into a debate.

March 23rd, 2005, 01:12 AM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
Quote:
Originally posted by pattyandthemoos@Mar 21 2005, 02:38 PM
Is there anyone else interested in this?* Also, I personally think it would be better to have either separate boards for separate parties or have a board with subforums for each party.* Otherwise it WILL turn into a debate.
[/quote]
I will be interested and I agree to have Subforums for Party but then a general chat /forum for all parties that just want to talk about what is going on in today's politics that is affecting all of us.

-Dori
March 23rd, 2005, 07:39 AM
Done, its in the Chit Chat category.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search