Not sure this is the right place

Need Help Navigating JM?

Post here if you need help with anything at JustMommies. If you are having problems registering at JustMommies please contact us at boards@justmommies.com

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Need Help Navigating JM? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2005, 04:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Periodically, I have been getting redirected to an ad [just random ones], I have popup controls blocking pop ups bu t these are occuring in place of what should be showing. [they take up the full window] Is anybody else getting this, or is it supposed to do that?
January 24th, 2005, 05:08 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
The ads you are seeing are intersticials. We have recently added them to the forums. They should only be apppearing once every three hours.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
January 24th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
oh for me they are like every couple minutes. :/
January 24th, 2005, 11:01 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
How many total have you had displayed? We are emailing to find a resolution to this. You should not be getting more than one every 3 hours. If you could tell me approximately how many ads you've had displayed that would be helpful.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
January 24th, 2005, 11:06 AM
One more thing, if you could, what ads are you seeing displayed when it shows up?

January 24th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Today i've only seen one but i havn't been on that long. But yesterday I was on for apx an hour and half and saw apx 5. One was for something about some game program, I wasn't paying much attention I just was like um--- how is this getting past the popup block. then realized it wasn't much of a popup since it was in the same window. LOL
January 24th, 2005, 02:23 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I just seen this post after I have gotten 4 of them in the last 5 minutes. Everytime I change from board to board I have gotten one so far until I clicke onto this one. I will start writing them down. I thought something was wrong with my pop up blocker!
January 24th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by in_mommy@Jan 24 2005, 05:23 PM
I just seen this post after I have gotten 4 of them in the last 5 minutes.* Everytime I change from board to board I have gotten one so far until I clicke onto this one.* I will start writing them down.* I thought something was wrong with my pop up blocker!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

thats what it seems like. I just got one for classmates.com [or I think it was, it said something about school, with all the states listed]
January 24th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get one every time I click onto a new board. There's the George Bush one, the "Who is this baby picture"-- MIchael Jackson, Drew Barrymore, I forget who else, the Classmates one... and they keep recycling over and over again.
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
January 24th, 2005, 06:00 PM
We have put in an email. Hopefully we will get an answer back soon. I have only seen an ad one time in the last two days so I am not sure what is going on. But we are working on it.

January 24th, 2005, 11:23 PM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
Just adding that I been having the same problem like everytime I time I relog in and I had no clue why this was happening until now. Not sure if it's corrected yet but I get the ones mentioned above and the warp game between Kerry and President Bush and I hit skip and it was funny because their faces/lips froze in a funny position -like a fish LOL was going to post a funny about it but since I mentioned it here I won't.

-Dori
January 27th, 2005, 12:17 AM
Regular
I have gotten 3 in the 5 minutes I have been on here. They keep showing a piccture of Angelina Jolie with a block on her eyes and it is asking who it is.
January 27th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Here is what we think the problem is. This seems to only be causing problems for a few people. The ads are tracked by cookies. They are set to be shown to you no more than once every three hours. So if you do not have cookies enabled your browser has no way to track how often you have seen the ad.

What you will need to do is adjust your cookie settings. With Internet Explorer you click on tools, then internet options, then privacy. I have mine set at medium. This is the only browser I am using at the moment so I will have to look up instructions if you are using another browser.

I hope this helps.

January 27th, 2005, 07:21 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by mamatothreegreatkidz@Jan 27 2005, 10:08 AM
Here is what we think the problem is.* This seems to only be causing problems for a few people.* The ads are tracked by cookies.* They are set to be shown to you no more than once every three hours.* So if you do not have cookies enabled your browser has no way to track how often you have seen the ad.

What you will need to do is adjust your cookie settings.* With Internet Explorer you click on tools, then internet options, then privacy.* I have mine set at medium.* This is the only browser I am using at the moment so I will have to look up instructions if you are using another browser.*

I hope this helps.
[/quote]

I have FireFox. I have no problems with it. With this browser you can not adjust the cookies. Either you accept them or you dont. The browser has a built in firewall though.

January 27th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Thanks Jennifer.

January 27th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have AOL 9.0 optimized security, automatically with firewall all is set at medium :/ i'm still getting them. I'm not sure how to adjust the cookies otherwise?
January 28th, 2005, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Fallen2Love@Jan 27 2005, 08:42 PM
I have AOL 9.0 optimized security, automatically with firewall all is set at medium :/ i'm still getting them.* I'm not sure how to adjust the cookies otherwise?
[/quote]
You should still be getting them. But how frequently are you getting them? I am not sure what to do because most of the members are only getting them a couple times a day. I can tell by looking at our stats that they are not playing that frequently. I am only getting an ad a few times a day.

I apologize if this is a nuisance but we are limited on the type of advertisers that will advertise on forums. Because they get a high repition of the same users we don't have a lot of options. We get a lot of traffic to our boards and we have had to add more advertisers to support the traffic. We may eventually add an ad free option for anyone that is interested and willing to offset the operating costs but at the moment that is not something we are doing. We want JM to be free to our members and we are doing the best we can with this.

January 28th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
To think of it --- when the ads started I didn't download the AOL thing. I maybe get one once each time I come on [normally for like 30 mins] now since I downloaded the new AOL. SO! lol Its all good! I don't mind ads as long as they aren't going to cause any problems with my computer [ie virus' as some do or caused by]
February 1st, 2005, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Everytime I get the ad (only once per session btw) I get logged out, is this happening to everyone?
<div align="center"> </div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a></div>

<div align="center"></a>
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"></div>
February 2nd, 2005, 05:51 PM
I have not had this problem. I don't know if anyone else has.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search