Who to contact about removing malware from this site?

Need Help Navigating JM?

Post here if you need help with anything at JustMommies. If you are having problems registering at JustMommies please contact us at boards@justmommies.com

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Need Help Navigating JM? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I went into options and then was prompted to download a script. I closed my IE window but obviously not quick enough. I got infected again. (Same thing happened on Friday but I didn't realize it was JM).

The trojan is vundo and it is a windows pop-up that will display multiple anti-virus software and annoy the living daylights out of people. It's also not an easy thing to remove since it has multiple processes.

Anyway, who do I contact about getting it removed from the site since I'm sick of cleaning my laptop everytime I get a PM and have to go into the options area.

Thanks

March 30th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I have not seen this and I am ALWAYS in my User CP. I would venture a guess that you got the malware from another site, not Justmommies.
March 30th, 2009, 04:35 PM
tickledpink's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had the same problems with the pop-ups. It also will freeze my computer. I have no idea what it is or how to fix it. I know it's not from another sight, bc I completly cleared my computer, did all the scans, got rid of anything and everything, and had no problems at all until I came on JM. After reading a few posts the same problems were back. I'm hoping not to mess up my computer after posting this, but was just curious what to do.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my wonderful siggy!!!

March 31st, 2009, 04:53 AM
Jaime
I am having the exact same problem!! Please help I've had to clean my computer twice.

Thank you Julka for my siggy!
March 31st, 2009, 09:43 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
It sounds like your computer has malware on it. We do not play pop up ads on JM. If you are seeing these type of ads, they are being generated from your computer and not from JustMommimes. My suggestion would be to use something like spysweeper to scan your computer with. Just because you are seeing pop ups when you visit JM doesn't mean that they are coming from JM. There are some that actually use the code on other sites to trigger the ads so you will actually see the ads in place of the ads you would normally see. The best advice I can give you would be to use a spyware removal program or look up specific removal instructions for trojan vundo.

March 31st, 2009, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll get a copy of the infection next time I have a chance so I can email to someone. Didn't happen today but I'm sure it will again later this week. Hackers love to move them around.

To get rid of the pop-ups, try using Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware. If you google it, don't choose it from the site since it won't give you the trial version. The trial version will remove it. It works great for getting rid of it and many of the other cookie trackers. There are others but for some reason they all want to charge to get rid of this one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search