Beta issues and feedback UPDATE post #47

Need Help Navigating JM?

Post here if you need help with anything at JustMommies. If you are having problems registering at JustMommies please contact us at boards@justmommies.com

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Need Help Navigating JM? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by amholb0 View Post
I no longer have a formated page it's all white and most of the pictures are red x's
There is another post about this problem here:

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/16589642-post8.html (Forum problem?)

Could you take a look and answer the questions in that post?
July 16th, 2009, 08:22 PM
kittycat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBird View Post
Like I said...it doesn't bother me. I still don't see what the big deal is. It is a free site that has to rely on ads. I think people sometimes just want something to complain about. IMO!
I'm glad it doesn't bother you, apparently we have different reasons for visiting this site. Again, as a member that's been here almost since the start of the board, I've seen plenty of changes along the way. But the point of the board has always been to be a message board first and foremost, not an advertising board. Unless I'm mistaken, and taking up so much available viewing space makes it nothing more than a sales site. I'm still holding out hope that eHarmony will just offer paid memberships for those of us that actually want to visit a real message board, and ignore all the annoying sales garbage consuming, even still with variable width - 1/4 of the viewable page. And with the emoticons on the side - there is still little more than 5" of message board on my 17" wide monitor. I call that a bit extreme.

Again, hopefully paid memberships will be an option. I do understand the need to generate revenue. I just think the board owners might be surprised to see how many of us would rather pay to support the board, and in exchange not to see the ads. Maybe even develop a fun little icon for the sides of our names, showing that we're paid members (to encourage others). I was a paid member here for other things in the past, I think with a little effort and promotion, others would enjoy giving back as well.

Last edited by kittycat; July 16th, 2009 at 08:31 PM.
July 18th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Momma2My Lil Js's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momma2My Lil Js
Just wanted to let someone know that the advertisements on the right side go off the page when you try to view the members list or edit signature.

July 19th, 2009, 11:32 AM
monkhester
Pages downloading and redirecting after posting are REALLY slow. Am I the only one having this problem?
July 23rd, 2009, 06:14 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkhester View Post
Pages downloading and redirecting after posting are REALLY slow. Am I the only one having this problem?
DITTO!!!! I will never have the time to get on here any more and that makes me soooo sad!!!! I hate it! Isn't there anything we can do!?

Thank you Claire1979 for my beautiful siggy!!!
Click HERE to see my belly pics!

July 23rd, 2009, 06:18 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff802 View Post
DITTO!!!! I will never have the time to get on here any more and that makes me soooo sad!!!! I hate it! Isn't there anything we can do!?
Yes, we have plans to make some improvements soon to our server that should help with queries locking up the data base and improve performance. Hopefully not too much longer. We have to fix things in stages but we will definitely have a speedier JM soon!!

July 24th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My pages are all loading extremely slow - like over a minute per page. I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser. I've also tried Internet Explorer though and it is just as bad.
July 24th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouise View Post
My pages are all loading extremely slow - like over a minute per page. I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser. I've also tried Internet Explorer though and it is just as bad.
I am going to talk to the tech team about this and see if there is something we can do in the short term but I do know that we have plans to do some upgrading to help with this.

I have been using Google Chrome and all of my pages load tons faster with it.

July 24th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just want to Patty about Google Chrome. I switched to GC recently and it's SO much faster than IE or FF. I highly recommend trying it out if the board is running slow for you. Plus, if you accidentally close your window you can rescue the tabs you lost!

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

July 24th, 2009, 10:48 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, i DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO GO THROUGH ALL THE POSTS IN THIS THREAD, BUT SINCE THE CHANGEOVER i'VE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WHEN i TYPE OUT POSTS. Wow, case in point... I just typed all of that out not realizing I had accidentally hit caps lock... because when I'm typing it takes about a minute for a couple lines of text to appear. This is definitely only on JM... I belong to another forum and haven't had this issue.

July 25th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy27 View Post
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, i DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO GO THROUGH ALL THE POSTS IN THIS THREAD, BUT SINCE THE CHANGEOVER i'VE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WHEN i TYPE OUT POSTS. Wow, case in point... I just typed all of that out not realizing I had accidentally hit caps lock... because when I'm typing it takes about a minute for a couple lines of text to appear. This is definitely only on JM... I belong to another forum and haven't had this issue.
What browser/version are you using? Can you try it in a different browser and see if that makes a difference?

Co-Host of

August 9th, 2009, 11:34 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
I've had problems with slow loading, issues when typing posts, getting no formatting (off and on on home computer). I'm close to leaving JM at this point because I don't have time to wait this long when viewing posts, typing posts, or waiting while posting posts.
August 10th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by docsmomma View Post
I've had problems with slow loading, issues when typing posts, getting no formatting (off and on on home computer). I'm close to leaving JM at this point because I don't have time to wait this long when viewing posts, typing posts, or waiting while posting posts.
Could you let us know what browser and version you are using? Do you have a different browser ou can try it in to compare?

Co-Host of

August 10th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I use Google Chrome. Its faster than IE and things load better but it's still really slow and about 25% of the time the format does not load. If I use IE7, its even slower.
August 10th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by docsmomma View Post
I use Google Chrome. Its faster than IE and things load better but it's still really slow and about 25% of the time the format does not load. If I use IE7, its even slower.
We are working on the performance issues. We did some updates to the server last week and are planning one more that should make a huge difference. It should be getting better soon!

August 10th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks Patty. I love JM, but the slow running has made it vitually impossible for me to be active anymore and I really need the support of my JM family.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search