Beta issues and feedback UPDATE post #47

Need Help Navigating JM?

Post here if you need help with anything at JustMommies. If you are having problems registering at JustMommies please contact us at boards@justmommies.com

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Need Help Navigating JM? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2009, 02:37 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Please post any issues or feedback here.

June 18th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Just adding this to this thread to help keep track of issues.

Quote:
just one tiny issue I didn't see in your known issues. Polls that have images (ie. siggy polls) the images take up the whole area and you can't see how many votes everything has, its cut off by the stuff on the side.
I am pretty sure this is something we are working on. I will let you know what I find out.

June 19th, 2009, 04:38 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Patty, I'm not able to log in using the beta- is that known already? I have to switch back to classic in order to log in - if I go through beta it tells me all my info is wrong So I've gotta switch to classic, log in, and go back to beta.

June 19th, 2009, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika♥Chris♥Lexi View Post
Patty, I'm not able to log in using the beta- is that known already? I have to switch back to classic in order to log in - if I go through beta it tells me all my info is wrong So I've gotta switch to classic, log in, and go back to beta.
I believe this is something we are working on. I think it is part of the same issue with logging out. I will see what I can find out.

June 19th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
The only things I've noticed so far.. the title of the thread once you open it is really big. And sometimes when I click to go to the next page, the "share" menu pops up and I almost click on that instead.

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

June 19th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Mom4Life_11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can login but once I choose message board it goes back to Classic JM???

June 19th, 2009, 07:14 AM
sunshine411's Avatar Let's go MAVS!!!!

Is there a reason it only takes up some of the screen and is surrounded by the blue, thus making the forum areas even smaller? IMO this makes it very crammed together and even if you have a large screen you have no choice but to view them in a pretty small area. Its alot on the eyes to have that much text all crammed into one space.
June 19th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MyLilFamily~ View Post
I can login but once I choose message board it goes back to Classic JM???
are you using the little scroll menu at the bottom of the boards? on the index page, scroll all the way down and you'll see it on the bottom left. change your view from JM classic to JM beta.

there's a screen shot up in the announcements that may explain it better than i just did.
JustMommies Message Boards - Announcements in Forum : Need Help Navigating JM?

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
June 19th, 2009, 08:36 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline410 View Post
The only things I've noticed so far.. the title of the thread once you open it is really big. And sometimes when I click to go to the next page, the "share" menu pops up and I almost click on that instead.
I'm currently on the classic view and I'm having that issue too, so that's not because of the Beta.
June 19th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Patty, I'm noticing that the drop down menus don't open where they should. It looks like they are opening where they would if I were using the Classic View.
June 19th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawisner View Post
Patty, I'm noticing that the drop down menus don't open where they should. It looks like they are opening where they would if I were using the Classic View.
I think this is just happening with FF. I noticed this earlier. We are working on it.

June 19th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linz View Post
are you using the little scroll menu at the bottom of the boards? on the index page, scroll all the way down and you'll see it on the bottom left. change your view from JM classic to JM beta.

there's a screen shot up in the announcements that may explain it better than i just did.
JustMommies Message Boards - Announcements in Forum : Need Help Navigating JM?
Thanks Linz. I really like the new look but for some reason the sponsors and stuff go over some of my pages so I cannot see my full PM messages or threads and so on???? Know anything about this?

Last edited by Mom4Life_11; June 19th, 2009 at 10:28 AM.
June 19th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MyLilFamily~ View Post
Thanks Linz. I really like the new look but for some reason the sponsors and stuff go over some of my pages so I cannot see my full PM messages or threads and so on???? Know anything about this?
I believe this is something we are working on. I have noticed this too. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika♥Chris♥Lexi View Post
I believe this has been fixed. Can you try clearing your cookies and cache, closing out your browser and then try to log in again.

June 19th, 2009, 11:36 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I am looking at polls the images are fine, but where the # of votes on the right side is covered by the Top Stories and advertisements.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

June 19th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sharon* View Post
When I am looking at polls the images are fine, but where the # of votes on the right side is covered by the Top Stories and advertisements.
in the 1st reply of this thread, Patty said this is being worked on.

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
June 19th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
I believe this is something we are working on. I have noticed this too. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

I believe this has been fixed. Can you try clearing your cookies and cache, closing out your browser and then try to log in again.
Thanks!

June 19th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
It's all VERY crammed and cluttered. It *might* be better if the forum was variable width (so those of us with wider screens have more room) but there's just entirely too much going on to keep it all in a fixed width table.

And on a personal note, I'm not a fan of the blue.

June 19th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do agree about the narrow format. I understand why, and I've designed sites in this format in the past too, but with the advertisments it does feel very cluttered. The advertisments without the narrow format I think would be fine, or the narrow format with no ads would too, but together it feels very awkward.

That's the only gripe I have though, the rest of the layout I love, and I love the colours too! I am sure we'll adjust to the width in time Bring on the blue x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

June 19th, 2009, 03:51 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bammers View Post
It's all VERY crammed and cluttered. It *might* be better if the forum was variable width (so those of us with wider screens have more room) but there's just entirely too much going on to keep it all in a fixed width table.

And on a personal note, I'm not a fan of the blue.
Edited since I fixed my problem for now.

I forgot to add I love the new look, colors, and everything else! I think the design looks fantastic, just struggling with the tiny fonts and viewing area in a wide monitor.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama

Last edited by TeresaSuperMama; June 19th, 2009 at 05:11 PM.
June 19th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I love it and think it's going to be easy to get used to with the little things that need to be done/fixed. I love the colours. I do agree that the adds should be somewhere else other then on the same page as PM's and threads...JMO!

Last edited by Mom4Life_11; June 19th, 2009 at 04:06 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search