Social groups?

Need Help Navigating JM?

Post here if you need help with anything at JustMommies. If you are having problems registering at JustMommies please contact us at boards@justmommies.com

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Need Help Navigating JM? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2009, 09:40 PM
**Kooopons**'s Avatar Jen, Mom to Luke & Caleb
Hi,new here and I was wondering how you start social groups?

Do you have to have a min number of posts or make a special request?

Thank you
October 10th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Hey! Welcome to JM!

The groups are a pretty new feature so we're all only just getting to grips with them. I'm not sure about minimum posting & membership requirements (maybe one of the mods will be able to answer that) but if you ARE allowed to create a new group it's fairly easy to do.

You need to click the Groups link - way up in the top right hand corner of the page. This takes you to your Social Groups homepage, on which you will find featured groups, search & browse facilities for groups, and groups you are a member of. Towards the bottom of that page, if you are allowed to create a new group based on your posting & membership history, there's a link that says Create Group. This then takes you through a set-up wizard. It's useful to have already come up with your title and blurb and have a graphic already uploaded to photobucket. You don't need to make a special request or anything like that.

I would say if you haven't done so already just have a check through the groups that are already there to make sure the group you want hasn't already been created by somebody else.

Hope this helps!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search