Malware / Trojen related

Need Help Navigating JM?

Post here if you need help with anything at JustMommies. If you are having problems registering at JustMommies please contact us at boards@justmommies.com

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Need Help Navigating JM? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2010, 04:02 PM
Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*'s Avatar aka Heather!
I just wanted to report that I am getting a pop up from this site, right now and this site is the only site that I am getting this on. It pops up another window to another "site", some of which are Mommy related so they look like it could be "legitimate" pop ups from JM. My pop up blocker is set to Max but this pops anyway. I just installed a brand new antivirus just to see if it found it and it is blocking it now.

I did get infected prior to installing this new antivirus software. The virus is popping up as a Trogen and appears to disable the PC's DHCP services which essentially makes it impossible to obtain an IP address until you re-enable the DHCP services and clean up your machine. It also can disable the RCP services as well which will also render the PC unable to get an IP, in my case it seemed to only hit the DHCP stuff but initially it did disable the RCP services as well. I was getting hit all day yesterday and today with this. I just wanted to report it to someone.

It looks to me like a "cloud" like malware type of infection, and I am not sure if you as admins can even do anything to help but I did want to report it either way.

78.47.249.228 port 80 - That is the originating IP on this btw.

Oh and another bit of information....it LOVEs to pop up on refreshes especially AND on thread Edits. It doesn't hit each time I hit the site, but if I refresh about 75% of the time this hits and so far EVERY edit I have done it pops.

**I also wanted to add, my Symantec was not catching this with updated virus definitions, however my Eset Nod32 is catching it.

My Siggy Gallery ~ Request a Siggy ~ My Blog ~ My Page Gallery

Last edited by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*; May 22nd, 2010 at 07:33 PM.
May 23rd, 2010, 05:04 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I am sending you a pm for more information.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
May 30th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I'm having the same problem. Do you have a solution?
May 31st, 2010, 07:54 AM
~*Lisa*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A lot of people got a trojan from the website the day jm went down. Is there anything you know about this? Luckily my computer caught it before any real damage was done.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search