Pop up Ads

Need Help Navigating JM?

Post here if you need help with anything at JustMommies. If you are having problems registering at JustMommies please contact us at boards@justmommies.com

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Need Help Navigating JM? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2006, 10:46 AM
StaeheliGrl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone mentioned that there are popup ads that come up randomly when you click on a thread? They don't allow you to click off on the little red X, if you do that they take you to the ad. And underneith the ad is a blank JM screen. I have had quite a few of these today and am not able to read posts unless I go out and come back in.

June 30th, 2006, 10:59 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
You shouldn't be seeing pop up ads on the forums. Are you having this problem anywhere else? You shouldn't be seeing any pop up ads on the forums. We do have a few media rich ads but we shouldn't have any pop ups.
June 30th, 2006, 11:47 AM
StaeheliGrl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
You shouldn't be seeing pop up ads on the forums. Are you having this problem anywhere else? You shouldn't be seeing any pop up ads on the forums. We do have a few media rich ads but we shouldn't have any pop ups.[/b]
Patty, I think these are pop up ads. I don't see them anywhere but on JM these past few days. Here's an example.

When I copied the ad it didnt' show the words but this one said something about a Hawaiin vacation.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!! I am gettng these popups like crazy now!!!

June 30th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Its not a pop up ad but it is one several members have had problems with. We have a lot of third party ads and I have to look through them all in order to remove any unwanted ads. I am working on getting rid of this ad from JM. I have to find out which ad server its playing on first.
June 30th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I think I got it today on the Siggy Board. Not certain, but I think that's where it was. I spent a lot of time on there earlier today.
July 3rd, 2006, 08:56 AM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get that one all the time and I also have to back out of the thread and then reenter before anything will come up. But the other day I also got a pop up ad (it was one of those clear kind that moves with you when you scroll down the page - can't remember what it was for now). And, no, I never get that kind of stuff anywhere else. I kept trying to "x" out of it but it wouldn't go away. Finally I just completely quit out of Just Mommies and when I brought the site back up it was gone.
July 3rd, 2006, 09:31 AM
You shouldn't have any more problems with it.
July 11th, 2006, 09:54 PM
geminigal81
The one for Circuit City is one that pops-up on the screen too.
July 12th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Quote:
The one for Circuit City is one that pops-up on the screen too.[/b]
The Circuit City ad is not a pop up ad. It is a media rich ad. It is a little intrusive but it is one of our bigger sponsors. We try to limit the amount of intrusive ads as much as possible. If you have an ad that is making the page freeze or causing the load time to be really slow let me know.
July 13th, 2006, 04:28 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
at least the circuit city ad allows us to click off it no problem

My Kiddos
Chloe (14),
Benjamin (9)
Logan (6), Kaitlin (3)

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search