Delete account....?

Need Help Navigating JM?

Post here if you need help with anything at JustMommies. If you are having problems registering at JustMommies please contact us at boards@justmommies.com

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Need Help Navigating JM? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2012, 04:49 AM
GoldenTickets's Avatar Super Mommy
Okay, I don't really want to delete my account. I really just want to disassociate it with an old screennname. When I signed up for JM, I used a screen name that I use often in my personal life. Then I realized that if people came on here, I didn't want it so obvious tha it was me. So I changed my screen name to what it is currently. However, if you google my old screen name, THIS account still pops up in google. So the only way I can figure to stop that from happening is to delete my account and then sign up again. Will this work? Could I get this screen name back, or would it be blocked from new use for a period of time?

E: 8/18/11
January 4th, 2012, 08:26 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTickets View Post
Okay, I don't really want to delete my account. I really just want to disassociate it with an old screennname. When I signed up for JM, I used a screen name that I use often in my personal life. Then I realized that if people came on here, I didn't want it so obvious tha it was me. So I changed my screen name to what it is currently. However, if you google my old screen name, THIS account still pops up in google. So the only way I can figure to stop that from happening is to delete my account and then sign up again. Will this work? Could I get this screen name back, or would it be blocked from new use for a period of time?
It takes a while for things to fall out of Google. So if you deleted your account, your posts that are already in Google with your old user name would still be there until Google goes through and updates and drops them out of their index.

I would delete your account and start a new one with a brand new user name. You could use the same name but if people are looking for you in google it's possible that they'll figure out the two names are connected. If you choose to delete your account please let the administrator that deletes your account know if you plan to create a new account.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
January 6th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Couldn't it also be that if someone quoted you in one of your posts your old screen name would be stuck there and impossible to get rid of? I think that if someone quoted you, then Google will always call up those posts forever. Not sure, though.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
January 6th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum_Leap View Post
Couldn't it also be that if someone quoted you in one of your posts your old screen name would be stuck there and impossible to get rid of? I think that if someone quoted you, then Google will always call up those posts forever. Not sure, though.
I think that's correct. The only way to resolve that is for an admin to edit those quoted posts. Depending on how many there are, it could be quite an ordeal and not something we could do.
January 9th, 2012, 06:24 PM
GoldenTickets's Avatar Super Mommy
No, the user profile is whatshows up in google.... The link indicates it's the old user name's profile, but when you click the link it shows the profile for this name. Kinda odd. I'm sure there are posts with the old name quoted, but it would only be a few.

Thanks for the help ladies. I'll consider my options and the go from there.... I'm realizing that using the same user name for everything (because its easier!) wasn't the best idea.

E: 8/18/11

Last edited by GoldenTickets; August 19th, 2012 at 08:00 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search