Notifications

Need Help Navigating JM?

Post here if you need help with anything at JustMommies. If you are having problems registering at JustMommies please contact us at boards@justmommies.com

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By quietsong

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Need Help Navigating JM? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2012, 12:11 AM
KatieBird's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a little indicator that says I have two notifictions. When I click the hyperlink that says "notifications" nothing happens.. if I click the number 2 that is next to it.. nothing happens. I've tried it in both Chrome (browser I usually use) and IE.

Also wondering how in the heck I "like" a thread so I can track what I comment on a little easier.

Sorry for all the questions.

July 12th, 2012, 05:22 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
No need to apologize!! We are currently having an issue with the drop down menus on the forum not wanting to, well, drop down, LOL. That's causing your notifications issue. As a work around until it's fixed, you should be able to right click on the link and tell it to open that way; that will take you to your PM Inbox to see if you have any PMs or not. If you don't, then the notifications are probably just posts that other people Liked.

As for tracking topics you've commented on, you can do this manually or automatically. If you want to automatically subscribe to every topic you post to, you can go into your User CP and click on "Edit Options." The second box under "Messaging & Notification" is your Default Subscription Mode - you can set email options to track topics, or if you choose "No email notification" it won't email you, but it WILL list your subscribed topics in your User CP.

When drop down menus are working, you also have the option to subscribe manually to topics under the "Topic Tools" menu and entire forums under the "Forum Tools" menu. A subscription to either will list it in your User CP (topics will only be listed if they have recent replies - forums will always be listed).

I hope that helped! Please feel free to ask for any clarifications or any more questions, and sorry about the inconvenience with the drop down menus.
Keakie likes this.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
July 12th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
You can get into you PMs by using the forum jump at the bottom of the page.
July 12th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I was just coming here to ask about the notifications bug myself. Glad it's not just me!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
July 12th, 2012, 10:11 PM
KatieBird's Avatar Super Mommy
Awesome! Thank you!

July 14th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is there an eta on when the drop down will be working again?
Thanks

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
July 15th, 2012, 01:35 PM
fidelis18's Avatar Due March 3, 2013
Thanks for this information! I was just coming to ask the same thing.
July 17th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Not yet. It is being worked on though.

Some workarounds in the meantime as discovered by vigilant JMers :

To view/send/reply to PMs you can click into User CP and "List Messages" or "Send New Messages" on the left-hand menu.

To view your "likes" click your avatar to go to your profile. On the right-hand menu you will see "likes" in blue. Click this and scroll down for a list of likes. This is what most of your notifications will be. They will then disappear from the number you see at the top of the screen once you've viewed them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search