Pink, Pink, Everywhere!

Need Help Navigating JM?

Post here if you need help with anything at JustMommies. If you are having problems registering at JustMommies please contact us at boards@justmommies.com

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Need Help Navigating JM? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So out of curiosity, will JM members be able to adjust the board colors from within their profile?
April 27th, 2005, 02:19 PM
mamatiff's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i love color pink! LOL BUT Im sure some people do hate this color lol!

Mommy to Trey 4 (8 - 24 - 05 )& Sage 8 Months ( 7 - 7 - 09 )
Wanting a girl !!!

April 27th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
lol No don't get me wrong, I love the color pink. I was just wondering if JM was going to give us the option of changing board colors. Im not sure how Invision Power Board works, but with PHPBB you have those options.
April 27th, 2005, 02:24 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Well we have made a huge site wide change. The board skin is going to be a permanent change. We do not have an option for the old skin. I had really hoped that everyone would like the new look. We do realize that some members are not happy with the new look but with the way we have the boards skinned it will be difficult to have more than one option. Some of the boards will not have an option to choose the skin (hard to explain). Also, we would like the site to have a universal look throughout. We are still working on fixing some of the bugs but the site is a huge site. The layout took a couple months to complete so redesigning is not an option.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
April 27th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Patty, all of guys have done a fantastic job with this site. I manage a board myself that is no where near this size and get overwhelmed at times. I can just imagine what all you've been going through with the redesign!
April 27th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by toby@Apr 27 2005, 05:22 PM
lol No don't get me wrong, I love the color pink.* I was just wondering if JM was going to give us the option of changing board colors.* Im not sure how Invision Power Board works, but with PHPBB you have those options.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
We do have an option to change the skins but because of the way some of the boards are skinned it would not be available on a lot of them. Plus we would like a universal look. I am not upset at all. We had some members not like the look the last time we updated it. It's hard to make everyone happy. The site has a ton of new content and is much easier to find some of our features from our home page now.

April 27th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy

April 27th, 2005, 03:49 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally posted by mlgteach@Apr 27 2005, 05:16 PM
Pink is definitely a favorite of mine, but I have to admit that it is very hard on the eyes.* How can make the adjustment to the color??
[/quote]

Is it just the link color that is hard to read? I can probably change that. I can also change the quotes without too much of a problem.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
April 27th, 2005, 03:57 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Ok, I changed the quote text so it's black so that should help with readability.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
April 27th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy

April 27th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Maddies_Mommy22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Maddies_Mommy22
I think it's great..

~Hoping for a Baby Boy!~
April 27th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mlgteach@Apr 27 2005, 07:05 PM
The links are definitely hard to read, but I'm afraid it's the overall pinkness (is that a word?) of it all.*

I love coming here.* I don't want to complain.
[/quote]
Well we are really sorry that you do not like the color scheme. We had the same problem when we changed the site to lavendar. Some people just did not like that color. There isn't a lot we can do to change the color scheme. We have entirely too many pages on the site to change them and we do not want the boards to be mismatched from the site. If there is something we can do to make the site more readable we can do our best. But if its just a style preference, I am not sure what we can do.

April 27th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Veteran
My eyes almost popped out at this new skin. It is not that I don't like the colour, but it's very hard to read the links and headers where it is white text on pink background and even harder where it is light pink on even lighter pink. The fluorescent pink text on white background is also very hard on the eyes for the opposite reason. It is extremely high-contrast

I know a lot of hard work went into it, but I am finding it physically difficult to read through the boards because there is either no contrast or the contrast is so high that there is a haze around the edges of letters while my eyes try to find the edges.

Reading threads is not a problem but reading through the forum titles is difficult. A non-fluorescent pink for the text would work a lot better.

Woah it changed again. I guess I should hold my complaints until it it finalized.
April 27th, 2005, 06:32 PM
x3 MaGs x3's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to x3 MaGs x3 Send a message via MSN to x3 MaGs x3
I love the new look And I love the new member colors!

Favorite Girls Names: Annabelle Irene, Ruby Claire, Charlotte Rose, and Stella Louise.
Favorite Boys Names: Nathaniel Grey, Sebastian Eric, Connor Thomas, and Elijah Robert.

Myspace*Photos
April 27th, 2005, 06:42 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
I LOVE THE NEW LOOK!!! I love the color pink and when I saw the new look today I just got happy. I think it looks great.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
April 27th, 2005, 06:59 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I am not a huge fan of pink, but I like the new color scheme. I applaud Patty and Teresa! I esspecially like the edits on the first page if you go directly to the main page (www.justmommies.com) and not to the page the forums are listed on (http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.php?act=idx).

Great work ladies!

Christina

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

April 28th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Looks Great!

In the past i've had problem's seeing pink [eye problems -- focusing], but its not bad at all, I havn't yet seen anything I need to over focus on to read.
April 30th, 2005, 07:04 AM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the new look. I was thrilled when i saw the changes the other day!
May 1st, 2005, 02:33 PM
Regular
I love the pink, but I don't know what the forum looked like before.

Katheirne | Wife to Adam | Anna, 2 | Grace, Due 7/6/05
Visit My Parenting Blog | My Creative Scrapbooking Blog | Family Photo Album | E-mail me

</center>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search