New Board Idea...

Need Help Navigating JM?

Post here if you need help with anything at JustMommies. If you are having problems registering at JustMommies please contact us at boards@justmommies.com

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Need Help Navigating JM? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2006, 10:36 PM
SurroMamma1's Avatar Super Mommy
I was thinking af an idea for a board for women/mommies who are in recovery. Like recovering addicts and recovering alcoholics. (who of course are in the program and are clean and sober) I just feel like just bc we are parents now or trying to become parents dosen't mean that we are suddenly cured of this disease and maybe some of the owmen here that are struggling or need the extra support in their recovery can chat about it with others in the same boat as they are. Or maybe they might like to know there are others out there who are in recovery as well and they can feel comfortable to talk about certain issues that they can't on the other boards. Just a thought. Let me know what you think.

Unless there is already one and I haven't come across it yet. If so then oops.

September 12th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I think right now it might be under Mommies Kicking the Habit but I do get your idea for it. Recovery from alcohol and drugs is a lot different than cigarettes and caffeine. And being a parent is stressful. I am the daughter of an alcoholic and drug user.

I am all for it, I am wondering if whether or not it might be good to do a protected forum since some of the subject matter might be a little mature and also some might or might not want this kind of information available for lurkers.

September 12th, 2006, 10:51 PM
oh yes...that is a great idea to make it a protected forum for sure. I've went to the "mommies kicking the habit" forum and I don't think its the same...I wouldn't feel comfortabele posting in there about certain issues. Hope others like this idea.

September 13th, 2006, 08:51 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
That's a good idea. I think also think it should be a protected forum.
September 13th, 2006, 10:44 AM
irishxrose
I also think it is a good idea.

I am a recovering alcoholic, and I do think it would have to be protected. I wouldn't feel comfortable for it to be "open".
September 13th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I was either thinking of having a separate forum or a subforum to it of maybe dealing with a spouse, parent, sibling, friend, etc. of an addict. I think as a daughter of an alcoholic it might be a good idea. Some of us have gone through a lot with situations like that.

Also, I know JM is trying not to have a lot of protected forums to make it welcome to new members without feeling overwhelmed but like I said, there might be lurkers and this is some personal information. I know if I was in recovery I would not want it public either.

September 14th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Yes...that is also a great idea to have a subforum for it as well...a room for souse, sibling, parent, friend etc... to go to. Good thinking.

September 26th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Anyone else think this is good?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search