Mommies with big babies board?

Need Help Navigating JM?

Post here if you need help with anything at JustMommies. If you are having problems registering at JustMommies please contact us at boards@justmommies.com

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Need Help Navigating JM? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Logan&Sierrasmama0609's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought this would be a good board to have. My son will be 4 months old tomorrow but he looks so much older than he really is. Just an idea.

~*I've earned $200 worth of Amazon.com gift cards just by searching the web!*~
Join me!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jennifernpr

October 15th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Jenners
Oh I am SO for this board! My son just turned 5 months and he's 23 pounds. I've made a few posts in my playroom about the frustrations I have with him being so big. Not many people understand unless their babies are as big as mine.
October 15th, 2006, 08:55 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I get comments all the time about Ben. He's 10 months and 29 lbs. He's tall, too... 31 inches. He's been at or above the 100th% since his first checkup. (In fact, his head is WAAAY off the charts... he's measuring 37 months!) It used to really bother me... but I'm so used to people's comments now, that I just ignore them or laugh it off. It would be nice to see where other people find clothes that fit. I have to get 3T or 4T shirts to fit Ben's head and length, but they're too big for his shoulders. I have to get 12-18 mo pants because he's got my short legs.
October 16th, 2006, 03:43 AM
Tigger's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am also so for this board Kiera is 28 lbs at 10 months we have had to run many tests luckily all fine and it was hard to find people going through or have gone through the saame thing.
October 16th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Logan&Sierrasmama0609's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY!! I hope we are able to make this a board!

~*I've earned $200 worth of Amazon.com gift cards just by searching the web!*~
Join me!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jennifernpr

October 16th, 2006, 10:33 AM
I think it would be nice to have a board for both big and small. Premies (or babies who are just small in general) have a lot of comments made about them too. Does anyone know if we've had any dwarfs born at JM? I don't think so. I know they're much more common than you might think, though...and there are over 200 forms of dwarfism. Some with medical complications, others not so much.
November 9th, 2006, 10:15 PM
~Alexandria~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm for this bored. My baby was 9 pounds 11 ounces at birth and he's about 16 pounds at 3 months

November 20th, 2006, 12:59 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I think a board for both small and large babies would be great. My son was 22 lbs at 8 months (now at 2 he's only 25 though), but my daugther is 10 lbs 15 oz at nearly 4 months. She wasn't a preemie or anything, she's just petite. I get comments all the time about how tiny she is and that she must be malnourished. It would be nice to talk to other moms of small babies.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
November 21st, 2006, 07:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think this is a great board!
November 22nd, 2006, 03:08 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
I have an average size baby, but I think it would be great to have both a board for big and a board for small babies.

Some girls in my playroom talk about this a lot, and I don't think they get the support they need in there. I bet it would be alot nicer if they could talk to other mommies that have big or small babies.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

December 4th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
i'd love a place to discuss how big my monster is compared to everyone else lol!!

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

December 4th, 2006, 08:46 PM
shannon78's Avatar Veteran
I also agree... Noah is a big boy... he is almost 6 mths and weighs about 22lbs... when he was 3 mths ppl always used to comment that i shouldnt be carrying him and that he is just lazy and should be crawling by now.,.. and im like hello he is only 3 mths... and then they would carry on that i must be over feeding him... so it would be great to talk about this with other mothers who have been in the same situation... im also all for a smaller babies board also... because im sure they get just as much criticism.

December 5th, 2006, 09:54 AM
irishxrose
I think both boards would be great. My son is small for his age, so it would be nice to talk to mommies about small babies. He was only 6 lbs, 15 oz at birth, and at 7 months is only 17 lbs. Plus there are mommies on my PR that have 26 lbers at 8 months, so I know that a big babies board would be beneficial to them. I think it's a really good idea!
December 5th, 2006, 10:00 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I have had both, a really big baby (20 lbs at 3 months) and a really small baby (under 8 lbs at 3 months). I can relate with comments on either end but I am not really sure what you would talk about on this board? We have a board for failure to thrive for babies/kids that are under the 3 percentile and have health issues. We have a board for feeding issues. I guess I am not really sure what the topics for discussion would be?

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 5th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Jenners
I think we would talk about the problems we face with having larger babies. Most mothers with big babies probably understand what I'm talking about. My son is 23 lbs at 6 months, and I never hear the end of it about his weight, although his Dr says he's perfect. Also, I have problems with clothes, toys appropriate for his weight, etc... alot of things are harder with a bigger baby.. im sure its the same with a small baby too.
December 5th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Veteran
I think this site has enough boards already, imho.
December 5th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Jenners
Quote:
I think this site has enough boards already, imho.[/b]
Wow.
December 5th, 2006, 09:37 PM
I sort of have to agree with you... there wouldn't be a lot of activity. Personally, I think I would be active at first in saying hello, venting my thoughts, making some suggestions to those with younger babies about where I've found clothes, etc... but that would probably be the end of it, especially now that I'm past the first year when the largest amount of growth occurs.. I think the topic could be discussed on infants or baby gear as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search