Member Post Suggestion

Need Help Navigating JM?

Post here if you need help with anything at JustMommies. If you are having problems registering at JustMommies please contact us at boards@justmommies.com

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Need Help Navigating JM? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2006, 12:24 PM
Ashdash
I have seen this practiced in another community, and I wanted to propose that the board hosts or interim hosts for the new boards that have no hosts yet strongly suggest all members posting responses to remove their signatures from posts on m/c and loss threads. This applies primarily to the DDC's, but I think that it's a respectful way to allow the OP to grieve without being reminded how far along fellow members are in their pregnancies.

Maybe this should be a sticky in all DDC's, but I felt compelled to bring this to everyone's attention.

Ashley
October 23rd, 2006, 11:45 PM
geminigal81
This is just my honest opinion, so please don't take this the wrong way. There is a way for others who do not wish to see siggy's to disable them. You are able to go into your controls, and go to board options and turn off siggy's.

I do understand that the women accessing those boards, more than likely are feeling sensitive. But wouldn't it be easier for them or whom ever is feeling this way. To take the initiative to turning off siggy's from their view. And please correct me if I am wrong... but I don't think there is a way for others to turn them off, so that they aren't seen by other members.

I hope that I didn't offend anyone. I was just offering my thoughts on this subject.
October 24th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
Quote:
And please correct me if I am wrong... but I don't think there is a way for others to turn them off, so that they aren't seen by other members.[/b]
You can uncheck the "enable signature?" box when you post a new topic or reply.

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
October 24th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Ashdash
Quote:
You can uncheck the "enable signature?" box when you post a new topic or reply.[/b]
This is exactly what I'm referring to. Just a gentle reminder from board hosts, primarily in the DDC's for all members who do post on a m/c loss thread to ask members who respond to disable their signatures.

Ashley
October 24th, 2006, 02:43 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
Quote:
primarily in the DDC's for all members who do post on a m/c loss thread to ask members who respond to disable their signatures.[/b]
You can't set it so YOUR signature doesn't show to other people... the people who don't want to see them need to disable it so they can't see other peoples. Wow, that's about as clear as mud!

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
October 24th, 2006, 02:53 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
primarily in the DDC's for all members who do post on a m/c loss thread to ask members who respond to disable their signatures.[/b]
You can't set it so YOUR signature doesn't show to other people... the people who don't want to see them need to disable it so they can't see other peoples. Wow, that's about as clear as mud! [/b][/quote]

Trina, there is a little check box underneath the box that you type your message in. It normally has enable signature checked. You can uncheck it when you go to post.

As far as the etiquette issue, we try to let each board decide for themselves what is proper etiquette. We do not have site wide rules about this. I think it is a decent suggestion but I think it would be something each board would need to talk over and decide upon.

October 25th, 2006, 11:09 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
Quote:
Trina, there is a little check box underneath the box that you type your message in. It normally has enable signature checked. You can uncheck it when you go to post.[/b]
WEEEEEIRD.... you'd think in just ONE of the 20,000 times I've posted I would have paid attention to that huh?

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
November 5th, 2006, 09:51 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I'm not sure if I agree on this one. I mean, sure you can disable your signature, but they are going to see it again if they lurk anywhere else. Ladies have their signatures up all over the place. I lurked in my DDC even when I had a m/c and sure it hurt to know I wouldn't be a part of their DDC, but it was cool to see how far along they were.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search