LDS & Catholic Parenting boards

Need Help Navigating JM?

Post here if you need help with anything at JustMommies. If you are having problems registering at JustMommies please contact us at boards@justmommies.com

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Need Help Navigating JM? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2005, 04:25 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Wondering if there is an interest in and LDS Parenting board and/or a Catholic parenting board.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
July 26th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am not a mommy - of course hope to be soon - I would be interested in catholic mommy board.

<div align="center"></div>

July 26th, 2005, 08:12 PM
idachick's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to idachick
I am not a mommy yet (hope to be on the May ddc board) but I would LOVE and would totally participate on an LDS parenting board!!!

July 27th, 2005, 04:52 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I think both are good ideas. I am not Catholic or LDS but I think it would be good to have more than just Christian and General Spirituality. I think lumping all the spiritual beliefs on one board just doesn't work.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
July 27th, 2005, 08:03 AM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
subforms? to the current spirituality board for ex: not just have Catholic, but Baptist and Methodist and Jewish etc... then we all still have the main board to just talk "religon" or do Prayer requests because it does not matter what "religon" you are you need prayers.

But then I don't know what LDS stands for, so excuse me if I am talking about the same thing...

If we have a "spirituality/religons" board, then we should have an non-Christian board for those who may not have "a" religon but believe in "something" and they want their children to be brought up with their same beliefs.

I am methodist growing up- but have not been active in church going latey-does not mean I like it.

Only concern I have adding specific religons is people may disagree with something in a "belief" and try to start a debate. One thing I was told, do not talk politics or religon to your family and friends! ;-)

But yes I agree we need some kind of spirituality board (with changes if necessary) and a non-Christian one as well. It is only fair.

-Dori
July 27th, 2005, 08:53 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Us2GiRLs@Jul 27 2005, 10:03 AM
Only concern I have adding specific religons is people may disagree with something in a "belief" and try to start a debate.* One thing I was told, do not talk politics or religon to your family and friends! ;-)

But yes I agree we need some kind of spirituality board (with changes if necessary) and a non-Christian one as well.* It is only fair.

-Dori
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

This is the exact reason I think we need seperate forums. There is a big difference between Catholicism and Paganism and Mormonism beliefs. I think Justmommies has room for all of them. LDS stands for Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints otherwise known as the Mormon church.

ETA: The reason we have the general spirituality board is for people that do not have a specific religious belief.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
July 27th, 2005, 02:53 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Hmm well subforums would probably be good for Christian parenting as far as methodist, baptist, etc. If they even felt the need for it. But most of the protestant denominations are pretty similar in their statement of faith. They differ on minor doctrinal issues whereas the LDS church is very different and the Catholic church is very different.

I don't want to get into too much of the religious differences but I think that the reason the Catholic and LDS was brought up was because they didn't feel like they quite fit in with the General Spirituality category or Christian Parenting.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
July 27th, 2005, 05:32 PM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
Quote:
Originally posted by pattyandthemoos@Jul 27 2005, 05:53 PM
Hmm well subforums would probably be good for Christian parenting as far as methodist, baptist, etc.* If they even felt the need for it.* But most of the protestant denominations are pretty similar in their statement of faith.* They differ on minor doctrinal issues whereas the LDS church is very different and the Catholic church is very different.*

I don't want to get into too much of the religious differences but I think that the reason the Catholic and LDS was brought up was because they didn't feel like they quite fit in with the General Spirituality category or Christian Parenting.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

ITA in the respect, as for the other religons I was thinking a "Proestestant denominations" as one subfolder or folder because they do share similarities.. then do have Cathoilc and LDS religions be separate. So if this does not make sense at all...I agree with your idea of adding more folders to separate some of our religion beliefs, but to keep a general board for ALL to post too, like for prayer requests=call it what you want: or just keep the one board we have for that (general spirituality) now.

More the merrier right?

-Dori

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search