What do you think of this name?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2008, 03:58 PM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband wants to name our next baby Ashley, which is my name, if we have a girl. I said NO WAY. But, my middle name is Lynn, so we thought about Ashlynn, a combo of my first and middle name. What do you think of Ashlynn as a first name? Also, what would go nicely with it for a middle name? Our last name is long 3 syllables, sounds like Pro-Ka-Chi but that's not the spelling, it's Italian...ideas?

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!

November 3rd, 2008, 04:10 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
I really like that name! And from looking at the other names in your siggy I think that they would all go GREAT together! Anyways here are some suggestions:

Ashlynn Gabriella
Ashlynn Amelia
Ashlynn Kate
Ashlynn Kennedy
Ashlynn Mariah
Ashlynn Sidney
Ashlynn Nichole
Ashlynn Hope
Ashlynn Kya
Ashlynn Emory

November 3rd, 2008, 04:46 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I like the spelling Aislinn better (pronounced Ash-Lynn). It doesn't look overly matchy or tacky next to your name, but is still cute and funky!

Aislinn Renee
Aislinn Elizabeth
Aislinn Matilda
Aislinn Estelle
Aislinn Gabriella
Aislinn Leona
Aislinn Colleen
Aislinn Scarlett
Aislinn Kate
Aislinn Mia

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

November 3rd, 2008, 05:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I like Aislinn/Aisling better, Ashlynn seems a bit dated and matchy with Ashley. It would work as a middle name, but I don't like it as a first name.
November 3rd, 2008, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly I still think it's too close to your own name.. the name itself is okay.

November 4th, 2008, 05:36 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's not a name I like or would use. I think it would go better as a middle name, since it is soooo close to your name. And that's not because you're the mom, and not the dad. I'm not a fan of parent & child having the same name, or something very similar like Ashley & Ashlynn.

My real suggestion would be to give her your middle name, Lynn, as her middle name.
November 4th, 2008, 01:39 PM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you everyone, we decided Ashlynn Faith OR Ashlynn Kate will be here name if it's a girl, of course I have 8 months to change my mind, but for now that is the name. I'm falling in love with it, and that's all that matters in the end I guess!

Also, I didn't even know Aislinn was the same name, the spelling is way too funky for me. I guess I'm sort of traditional...

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!

November 4th, 2008, 04:11 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
Quote:
Thank you everyone, we decided Ashlynn Faith OR Ashlynn Kate will be here name if it's a girl, of course I have 8 months to change my mind, but for now that is the name. I'm falling in love with it, and that's all that matters in the end I guess!

Also, I didn't even know Aislinn was the same name, the spelling is way too funky for me. I guess I'm sort of traditional...[/b]
Aisling is the actual traditional spelling.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search