What's your name?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2008, 06:11 AM
MamaBx3
First and middle... Do you like it?
November 7th, 2008, 06:17 AM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Leah Joseline
Joseline sounds like Jocelyn, it's after my 2 grandmas - JOSEphine and adeLINE.

ETA: I like it lots. My first name was never too popular (there were never 2 Leah's in my class) and I love the significance of my middle name.
November 7th, 2008, 06:21 AM
ErikaLovesTravel
Erika Lorraine

I like it because.... it's me, I guess. All I know! I like Erika, though I guess it's pretty "dated" sounding to me now. I like the spelling my parents chose. Lorraine I didn't always like (sounds a bit "older" to me).. but it's special to me because it's my grandmother's middle name, as well.
November 7th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
Carly Beth

I like it, Carly was not popular at all when I was growing up. I was the only Carly in the school until I got to high school. Plus I'm named after my dad!

November 7th, 2008, 07:34 AM
ImagineOctober's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lindsay Clare. I like it, my name seems perfectly balanced with 7 letters in my first, 5 in the middle and 7 in my last (which also starts with an L, and I like the alliteration)! It flows very well. I also prefer the Clare spelling to Claire!
November 7th, 2008, 09:24 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
Christen Michelle. Its okay. Seems to flow well.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

November 7th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lynn Lee

I used to not like it b/c it's so plain but now I am ok with it.. It is my name so I embrace it LOL

November 7th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Elysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Elysia Send a message via MSN to Elysia
Stevie-Jo (no middle name) ...I like my name for the most part, it's unique and I think it suits me quite well. The only drawback of the name is having people mistake you for a boy...(getting mail addressed to Mr or Master...I've received bank cards etc with Mr or Master printed on them.) but that doesn't happen very often.
November 7th, 2008, 01:45 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Lindsey Renee
It flows, I kinda like it, but it's sooo common I hated growing up and always being Lindsey B!

November 7th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to julez722
Juliane Christa.

I like my first name a lot more now than I did in elemenrty school and middle school. In high school, I started to go by Julez and now professionally that is the name I use, too. I love my middle name, sometimes I wish I went by it instead of my first.
November 7th, 2008, 04:06 PM
MamaTo2Ls's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Laura Krissandra - It's ok. I think it flows nicely. Krissandra is from my aunt Kristine and Aunt Sandra. I do love my mn.

<a href="http://lilypie.com" target="_blank">

November 7th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
melissa marie

too plain and common for my liking

i graduated with 3 melissas and one of them was also melissa marie!
November 7th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Anna Lee

I used to like it less because it's fairly common, but I like that it has been sort of common for a long time, and didn't just shoot up in popularity suddenly, so it's not dated to the time I was born. My middle name is a family name.
November 7th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Melissa Laurie

I used to hate Melissa- I went by Missy until I graduated high school. Then I decided to go back to Melissa. Now I can't believe I even was called Missy. I love Melissa- it's very feminine and fits me well. Laurie is my mom's name. It was a tradition in my mom's family. My brother's middle name is my dad's first name, too.

November 8th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Carrie Ann

I really didn't like it growing up, but I do now. I like that I have the traditional spelling of my name (I'm not fond of Keri, Kerry, etc.). I'm not crazy over Ann, but it's after my grandmother, Joanne. The worse thing about my name was that, growing up, other kids used to sing that "Hey Carrie Ann" song to me which really got on my nerves. I can't stand to hear that song now. There was only one other person with my name in my class all 12 years, and that was a boy named Carey so it wasn't too confusing. I went to a very small school.

November 8th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Janel Marguerite

My first name is my mom's middle name, and my middle was my great grandmother's middle name. I hated it growing up, but now I love it!

November 8th, 2008, 09:24 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tiffany Rose.

My mom named me Tiffany because she didn't know a single Tiffany.... unfortunately, so did a lot of other moms in the 1980s. I went to a small private high school (35 students in my graduating class) and three of us were named Tiffany. Crazy.

I do love my middle name (after my great-grandmother on my mom's side). I even used it for my daughter's middle name.

November 8th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Niamh Guinevere

Love it.

Niamh is pronounced "NEE-iv", it is the name of a Irish goddess. Niamh means "bright, lustrous, radience".

Guinevere means "white, fair, smooth" and is the original Cornish version of Jennifer.

November 9th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Danya Hope

I like it..I have never in my 23 years of life known anyone with my name which I like that (It is pronounced DAN_YA just like it is spelled) . I love my middle name, it is also my grandmothers middle name and we are very close!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search