Log In Sign Up

Jayden Myking


Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
November 19th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Regular
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Michigan!
Posts: 28
Send a message via Yahoo to aquafina
<div align="center">Yes i'm naming my lil boy that.
I came up with the first & my hubby came up with the middle....he insists on giving him that middle name
i'm starting to like it plus im trying to be fair.</div>
Reply With Quote
  #3  
November 19th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Regular
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 37
I love Jayden, to me it is a very strong masculine name and I love the nickname Jay.
__________________
<div align="center">

</div>
Reply With Quote
  #4  
November 19th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,962
I like Jadon more with this spelling- it's the spelling used in the Bible, not the spelling Britney Spears used.

Myking is a bit weird- is he supposed to be the king of YOU? If he has a sister will she have Myqueen as a middle name?
There are names that mean 'king' or have king as part of the meaning- Reginald, Ryan, Roy, Rex, Frederick, Richard
Reply With Quote
  #5  
November 19th, 2008, 05:41 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ocean Reef, WA
Posts: 31,927
its ok, Jayden is very popular here though
__________________











Reply With Quote
  #6  
November 19th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Coach's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Eastern Shore Maryland, USA
Posts: 558
I highly dislike it. I think it is silly and kinda tacky. Jayden is so overused. It's used on boys and girls with tons of crazy spellings. It's a trendy mess.

And Myking? Horrible and tacky.

__________________
*KIMBERLY*

"I KNEW I BELONGED TO THE PUBLIC AND TO THE WORLD, NOT BECAUSE I WAS TALENTED OR EVEN BEAUTIFUL, BUT BECAUSE I HAD NEVER BELONGED TO ANYTHING OR ANYONE ELSE"---MARILYN MONROE
Reply With Quote
  #7  
November 19th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,605
Congratulations on picking out a name!
__________________
Lynn





Reply With Quote
  #8  
November 19th, 2008, 11:18 PM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: DC, BC
Posts: 3,554
Quote:
I like Jadon more with this spelling- it's the spelling used in the Bible, not the spelling Britney Spears used.

Myking is a bit weird- is he supposed to be the king of YOU? If he has a sister will she have Myqueen as a middle name?
There are names that mean 'king' or have king as part of the meaning- Reginald, Ryan, Roy, Rex, Frederick, Richard[/b]

This ^ exactly.
__________________



Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
Reply With Quote
  #10  
November 20th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Regular
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Michigan!
Posts: 28
Send a message via Yahoo to aquafina
Quote:
My daughter is Jaiden as long as you know its popular for both boys and girls. He could easily end up with a girl Jaden........regardless of the spelling in his classroom....fwiw.

But I honestly think its a bit girly esp. with the nn Jade/Jada.[/b]

From the looks of it jaydon/jayden seems to be more popular for boys nowadays.


Quote:
I like Jadon more with this spelling- it's the spelling used in the Bible, not the spelling Britney Spears used.

Myking is a bit weird- is he supposed to be the king of YOU? If he has a sister will she have Myqueen as a middle name?
There are names that mean 'king' or have king as part of the meaning- Reginald, Ryan, Roy, Rex, Frederick, Richard[/b]
wow didn't kno britney had a son named jaden & i just researched a bit & so does will smith.
now i'm mad.

Reply With Quote
  #11  
November 20th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Regular
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Michigan!
Posts: 28
Send a message via Yahoo to aquafina
Quote:
I love Jayden, to me it is a very strong masculine name and I love the nickname Jay. [/b]

thanks i love the name & think it's also very masculine
Reply With Quote
  #12  
November 20th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Regular
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Michigan!
Posts: 28
Send a message via Yahoo to aquafina
Quote:
I highly dislike it. I think it is silly and kinda tacky. Jayden is so overused. It's used on boys and girls with tons of crazy spellings. It's a trendy mess.

And Myking? Horrible and tacky.[/b]
Thanks for the "opinion"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
November 20th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,962
It's a VERY popular name if you combine all the spellings- Jaden, Jayden, Jaiden, Jaidyn, Jadyn, Jadon, etc.
Then if you add in all the names that rhyme with it- Aiden, Braden, Caden, Hayden, Kaden, Raiden, Zayden, and all the other spellings of all of them, it's extremely overused.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
November 20th, 2008, 01:17 PM
TheBoyMaker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,742
I love my sons name, Jaden. He will be 7 in December and when he was named it was a very uncommon name. No one I knew ever heard of the name and assumed it was a surname. There also isn't anyone in his school, the whole school, with his name. However in the next 5 years there will probably tons of Jadens attending his school. Jaden is and always will be a boys name to me.
And Jada is to me a feminine version of Jaden. It reminds me of michael and michaela/makayla (jaden and jada)
__________________
Mom of...

J-Bird 🐦December 16, 2001
Monkey🐒 September 10, 2006
Roo 🐾October 7, 2008
Turtle 🐢December 26, 2013


Reply With Quote
  #15  
November 20th, 2008, 01:26 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,871
Congrats on chosing your baby's name!!

Reply With Quote
  #17  
November 20th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Regular
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Michigan!
Posts: 28
Send a message via Yahoo to aquafina
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My daughter is Jaiden as long as you know its popular for both boys and girls. He could easily end up with a girl Jaden........regardless of the spelling in his classroom....fwiw.

But I honestly think its a bit girly esp. with the nn Jade/Jada.[/b]

From the looks of it jaydon/jayden seems to be more popular for boys nowadays.


Quote:
I like Jadon more with this spelling- it's the spelling used in the Bible, not the spelling Britney Spears used.

Myking is a bit weird- is he supposed to be the king of YOU? If he has a sister will she have Myqueen as a middle name?
There are names that mean 'king' or have king as part of the meaning- Reginald, Ryan, Roy, Rex, Frederick, Richard[/b]
wow didn't kno britney had a son named jaden & i just researched a bit & so does will smith.
now i'm mad.
[/b]
And so does Christian Slater for those that know he is


But it will always seem girly I dont care how many boys have the name lol. It will always seem like another boy who has a girly sounding name.
[/b]


& to me it will always seem like another girl who has a masculine sounding name.
middle school isn't going to be very enjoyable for her...
lol
Reply With Quote
  #18  
November 20th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Regular
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Michigan!
Posts: 28
Send a message via Yahoo to aquafina
Quote:
It's a VERY popular name if you combine all the spellings- Jaden, Jayden, Jaiden, Jaidyn, Jadyn, Jadon, etc.
Then if you add in all the names that rhyme with it- Aiden, Braden, Caden, Hayden, Kaden, Raiden, Zayden, and all the other spellings of all of them, it's extremely overused.[/b]
Cool.
Where in my main post did you see that i was trying to be "unoriginal" with giving my son a name?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
November 20th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,962
I never said you were trying to be unoriginal, I was just pointing out that the name and all its varants are very popular right now. That's something I'd want to know about if I was picking a name.

Also, I don't think titles of royalty really make the best names- I've seen Prince, Princess, and Yourhighness, and they all seem sort of silly on actual people, sorry.
Quote:
And so does Christian Slater for those that know he is[/b]
A list of celebrities who used that name...
http://www.amiannoying.com/(S(0vug2s45anwm...collection=7122
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:19 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0