naming headache

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Regular
The problem is that me and DH are never going to agree on a name- He has a long list of boring family names that have been in his family forever that he is convinced he will name his kids. I have a very unique name, I have always loved my unique name, and i feel it is a gift to give your child a beautiful and new and unique symbol of themselves, and i refuse to let my kids be the fifty thousandth child named 'John Doe'. And we are both very passionate about it.

PS- I vote HIS name choice is the baby's middle name.
November 25th, 2008, 08:35 AM
ImagineOctober's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm curious... What's your name? And what are the names that both you and him are pushing for?
November 25th, 2008, 08:56 AM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck agreeing on a name! We've always had a hard time with boys names, so we're still debating on those in case this is a boy.
I'm curious too, what's your name??
November 25th, 2008, 09:07 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is your name?

What names does he like? What names do you like?

You should each make a list of your own names, and then go through them together. If there is a name that one of you absolutely, positively hates... then I don't think it would be fair for either of you to keep it on your list. All in all, there has to be an agreement and a compromise in the end. Maybe you guys could agree for one of you to pick the first name, and the other to pick the middle name? Or you could pick a more unique name that has a more common nickname?

You also have to understand that if his side of the family passes down names, this is something that is important to him as well.
November 25th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Regular
My name is Teva- in hebrew it means 'nature'

Names he wants: Robert, John or Stephen, (for boy) Mary or Lou (for gisl)
Names I want: none of the above, i am still researching for 'cool, easy-to ununciate unique names'
November 25th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Wednesday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
My name is Teva- in hebrew it means 'nature'

Names he wants: Robert, John or Stephen, (for boy) Mary or Lou (for gisl)
Names I want: none of the above, i am still researching for 'cool, easy-to ununciate unique names'[/b]
I loooovee the name Teva. I dated a boy once with that name, and haven't heard it since. I'm all for unique names. Stick to your guns!

November 25th, 2008, 10:53 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with make lists of your fav. names each and then cross off the ones you really dont like and work from there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search