first name ideas?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Veteran
Ok. I'm waaaayy early on this, but I figured I'd get some opinions.

I'm still in my first trimester, and I've been toying with some names for the baby-to-be. We don't even know if it's a boy or a girl yet.

I told my husband that I'd like to honour his parents' memory by using their names as the middle name for our child(ren). I never met his mother, but I did get to know his dad. It's especially important that we honour the memory of his late father, who passed way before his time due to our local hospital's incompetence (long story).

So. If it's a boy, his middle name would be Elmer, and his last would be Lee... (------) Elmer Lee.
If it's a girl, her middle name would be Lily, and her last would be Lee... (-----------) Lily Lee.

I thought about using my grandparents' names, but none of them really fit with the rest of the names: Alice, Tom, Bernard and Victoria.

Any thoughts? I know Elmer is not a very common name for a child, but that's one name I'm pretty dead-set on using.
November 30th, 2008, 02:45 PM
MamaBx3
Welcome to the board and Congrats on your pregnancy!

Some random suggestions:

Isaiah
Isaac
William
Zachary
Silas
Owen
Benjamin
Cameron
Thomas
Preston
Finlay
Atticus

Isabella
Sophia
Grace
Sarah
Charlotte
Amelia
Hannah
Vanessa
Amara
November 30th, 2008, 02:51 PM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Alright so I have a couple legit smushes for you and the results I got from typing Alice and Victoria and then Tom and Bernard into Nymbler

Olivia (Alice & Victoria)
Alisa (Alice & Victoria)

Nymbler suggests..

Camilla
Cecily
Charlotte
Julia

(these are kinda reaching..)
Tobias (Tom & Bernard)
Benjamin (Tom & Bernard)

Nymbler Suggests..

Charlie
Gerard
Jack
Russell

Good Luck!!

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
November 30th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Suggestions from your grandparents' names:

Tom~ Thomas, Tamsin (for a girl)
Alice~ Alison, Alissa, Celia, Adele, Adela, Adelaide (the Adel(aide) names are variants of Alice, and Celia has all the same letters in a different order)
Victoria~ Victorine or Victor for a boy

Actually I think Alice Lily or Victoria Lily sound really pretty. Thomas Elmer is good, too.
December 1st, 2008, 06:04 AM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
I like the above suggestions, just wanted to point out that Lily Lee is kinda hard to say. I'd suggest ____ Lillian Lee, it's a little easier. Do you know if that was his grandma's full name or if Lily was short for something?
December 1st, 2008, 09:11 AM
Veteran
Quote:
I like the above suggestions, just wanted to point out that Lily Lee is kinda hard to say. I'd suggest ____ Lillian Lee, it's a little easier. Do you know if that was his grandma's full name or if Lily was short for something?[/b]
Actually, Lily was his mother's name, and it was her full name. Lily Lee is a bit of a tongue twister, isn't it?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search