Pregnant for the first time..

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Newbies
Hi everyone!
My name is Raegan, and I'm 26. My husband, Tyler, and I live in Bloomfield Hills, MI and are expecting twin girls in early March! We're so excited, but the girls' names have become our latest debate. After many, many books and websites, I've fallen in love with the names Adeline and Elodie for the girls. Tyler, however, is not so fond of them. His favorites? Jennifer and Ashley. I don't want such common names for them, but he believes Adeline and Elodie will be names that stir up teasing. What do you guys think? I suggested using the common names for middle names, but that doesn't solve his issue with people making fun of them. Adeline and Elodie would, more than likely, get shorted to Addie and Elle/Ellie, and I really don't think they're uncommon to the point that they would be made fun of. Please help!
December 6th, 2008, 05:31 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really like Adeline. I dont think they would get teased for the names you like. His names are too common for me. Since you are having twins why dont you choose one name each - that way you both get a name you like. or you could find names that are similar to the names you have as a compromise

December 6th, 2008, 07:06 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
I agree with the above. Why not use Adeline and Ashley? That way you both get your way. Or if you want to use something a little less common than Ashley, you can try to talk him into Ashtyn, Ashlin, Aislin... Good luck!
December 6th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I like Adeline and Elodie, and I doubt they'll cause teasing. They don't sound like anything silly or bad, and they aren't that weird. Ashley and Jennifer are both sort of 80s to me, but I like Jennifer more than Ashley.

Compromising is a good idea, but I don't think using Adeline and Ashley is. It would seem like you were using names that began with the same letter on purpose to be matchy.

What about using Adeline and Jennifer or Elodie and Jennifer?
December 7th, 2008, 01:20 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I love Adelin and Ashley

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

December 7th, 2008, 04:04 AM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Congratulations on your two girls!

I like the idea of a compromise. I like Adeline and the updated Ashlyn. I think they make a great twin set of names.

Jennifer and Ashley are very 70s/80s to me too.

Or, how about Genevieve instead of Jennifer? Adeline and Genevieve would be a cute twin set.

Best of luck.

December 7th, 2008, 09:05 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome & Congratulations on your twin pregnancy!!!

I really like both names Adeline and Elodie, I think they're really cute together!! I heard the name Elodie for the first time on MTV's The Hills, and I liked it, though I don't think I'd use it on my own child (who knows though!).
December 7th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Oh I definitely think you guys should stick with Adeline and Elodie. I don't think they'll be teased at ALL with those names. Adeline is actually quite common now-a-days and Elodie follows some common trends (specifically starting with "El", which is very popular right now... with all the Ellies out there).

Adeline and Elodie would fit right in with their peers.

Jennifer and Ashley are very... 80's.

December 7th, 2008, 11:41 AM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Oh I definitely think you guys should stick with Adeline and Elodie. I don't think they'll be teased at ALL with those names. Adeline is actually quite common now-a-days and Elodie follows some common trends (specifically starting with "El", which is very popular right now... with all the Ellies out there).

Adeline and Elodie would fit right in with their peers.

Jennifer and Ashley are very... 80's.[/b]

!!

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
December 7th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
Adeline and Elodie are great together! I agree that Ashley and Jennifer are very 80s. or maybe you could use one of your choices and see if he likes some other names (other than Jennifer and Ashley) that 'fit' more with the names you like.

some suggestions:

Adeline and Vivienne
Adeline and Nicolette
Adeline and Rosalie
Adeline and Mirabel
Adeline and Claire
Adeline and Nora
Adeline and Melody
Adeline and Elise
Adeline and Eliza
Adeline and Bridget
Adeline and Noelle

Elodie and Anneliese
Elodie and Madeline
Elodie and Simone
Elodie and Corinne
Elodie and Violet
Elodie and Charlotte
Elodie and Camille
Elodie and Annabel
Elodie and Lucia
Elodie and Stella

December 7th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Cordelia's Avatar Veteran
I think Jennifer and Ashley would warrent more teasing, simply for the fact that they're so dated now. I have several friends my age (late teens and early 20s) named Ashley and Jennifer, but I have never met a small child with either name.
December 8th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think Ashlyn is really "updated," I knew an Ashlyn who would have been born in the 80s. It only sound updated because Lyn names are so trendy right now.

I don't like the idea of giving twins similar names like Adeline and Ashley or Adeline and Ashlyn because it seems like it's trying to be cute and make them into a matched set- that's why I like Adeline and Jennifer more than Adeline and Ashley.

Jennifer really isn't as dated as Ashley, though it was very popular in the 80s, it's been used for much longer than that.
December 8th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Adeline and Elodie are lovely together!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search