Matching sibsets

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2009, 06:35 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
What do you think? I know that some of you think that each child is an individual and should have his/her own name, but what about sibsets that have a unisex name (or a boy name) for a girl and then a really feminine name for another girl?

Example: Ryan and Olivia (both girls)

February 1st, 2009, 06:43 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
I'm not completely opposed to sibsets. Each child IS an individual and should have its own name, but if the two kids happen to have names that sound well together - so be it.

Now, I know a set of twins named Veronica and Schmonica - that's going a LITTLE far with the sibset concept.

And I don't see a problem with Ryan and Olivia together, even though they don't match.
February 1st, 2009, 06:46 PM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think it's a big deal at all. I know an Elyse and Hayden sibset that are both girls. Each name fits the girls individually and I've never thought it was 'odd' that they weren't the same style of names.
February 1st, 2009, 07:46 PM
Quiet-storm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Quiet-storm Send a message via Yahoo to Quiet-storm
I hate it when they are too matchy.I know siblings Glenford, Glesford, Glestelle. I prefer them to be different.
February 1st, 2009, 09:03 PM
ImagineOctober's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I make my lists or think about names that I love, I often wonder if they are complimentary to eachother.
I personally want names that sound like they go together. Not matchy-matchy, but not random either.
I try to have a cohesiveness with the names I love and I don't think I'd personally like it any other way. If that makes sense??
February 1st, 2009, 09:10 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't pay much attention to sibsets because I just don't think it matters how much siblings' names match as they get older. If names happen to sound good together though, then that's fine. I happen to like simple, 4 letter names a lot but I would never choose them on purpose. My son's name is Neil and I love the names Emma, Isabella (Bella), Iris, etc..

February 2nd, 2009, 02:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to SK.
Im not fussed, to be honest. Each child is its own person, I dont think the names have to match.

Logans name is quite common (well not around our area, seems to be more common on JM) & yet were 99% on using a name that hasnt been used in the top 1000 for the last 50 years for baby #2

February 2nd, 2009, 06:05 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I dont know.. I used to think names needed to go but I think names seem to grow to sound good. Like my cousin has children named Amanda, Lindsey and Garrett (2 girls and a boy) so if someone asks for names that go with Garrett I immediately think of Amanda and Lindsey.. but if I didn't know them I probably wouldn't think to suggest those names. So I think just use names that you love!

February 2nd, 2009, 08:11 AM
~Valerie~
I've never actually really thought about that
February 2nd, 2009, 08:17 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
I think its funny how people can choose such different names, i mean i dont think they would be super matchy like Rose and Violet but i often wonder how someone who names their first daughter Helen comes to name a second daughter Peightyn, because stylistically they are so different, i find when i look at my name list, with a few exceptions they are generally the same style because thats my style so it makes sense that people would choose names that "go" together, so when i see "mis-matched" sib sets i do often wonder how they came to those choices, but ya i do think its weird
February 2nd, 2009, 11:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I really don't think it matters. I think the only time people will really notice is if one name is so uncommon and the other is normal. Or the are very matchy matchy. I know a brother sister sibset. Her name is Jessica and his name is Cougar.

>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search